New here from MN

mjh42

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers
New guy here!

I live in a household full of music makers and I felt it was high time I figured out an instrument for myself to play. I was gifted a guitar years ago overseas, found a cord book, but for the life of me if I didn't know the song in advance I couldn't figure out the right hand work---no one to really help me either-left the guitar with someone who could play it. Played around with the harmonica on and off over the years.....but with a wife that can play just about anything with strings--accomplished violin and hardanger fiddle player---her mother actually played with and for Shinichi Suzuki and a child playing Suzuki violin since 4 (he needs to practice more) ... heck I've learned so much going to lessons--I'm starting to understand this music thing....along with a good friend who has been playing Ukulele for a while...I've been inspired to take up the Ukulele and have some fun. Everyone should have the skill of playing at least one instrument.

My Magic Fluke arrive the other day and I've been doing my daily Aerobics and sourcing other instructional material. May take some lesson locally this summer. Now if I can just keep my wife from stealing my Fluke, I'll be OK!

mjh42

Michael

Aloha from the southern part of the state, don't cha know. Glad you found the uke and glad you joined in.

It sounds like you might need to buy another uke (or 2 or 3) if your family keeps on playing yours

Have fun and keep us posted

Welcome to UU and the happiest instrument in the world.

Salutations Michael!

I also joined the forum today!
Cheers!

We have two Flukes! I love the look and feel of the Fluke.

Here I am playing at our wedding reception.

Uke onward!

Attachments

• JM_ukewed1.jpg
    JM_ukewed1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to UU Michael.

Hope you love it as much as I do!

Top Bottom