Season 274 - The Songs Stuck In My Head

Right in the feels TCK. And thank you for this crazy radio show we do. It keeps my head on straight, gives me something to look forward to and allows me to share songs with people I care deeply for. Not everyone gets it (my wife thinks that every reggae songs sounds exactly the same), but we get it. It's very much like the seasons here in the sense that we seasonistas are a group of folks from different walks of life, who collectively come together to share something that we love which not everybody gets. Thank you all for getting it.

The question that I think lots of people would like to ask is how do you produce the radio show.
Do you do it at home or in a radio studio. Where do you get the records from are they owned by
the radio station or are they your own private collections. What do you do about copyright, do you have to
pay a fee for every record you play. I am sure there are lots of other questions but those are some off the top
of my head.

So I had written on a piece of paper a few standout vids that I wanted to mention and right before I recorded Pepsi slobbered water all over the list, smearing a portion of it. So I failed to mention that Brian (pabrizzer) kicked off the week with a favorite of mine from a favorite artist and he did it in fine fashion. The tune was Mostly Water by Bap Kennedy and I couldn't think of a better way to start the week. And also forgot to mention that RAB11 did a request, Born To Lose. Pretty cool!
Ok, here's the wrap up.

Last edited:
I should have mentioned in the thread, for folks who don't want to watch the wrap up vid, that the prizes are copies of these shows for anyone who wants them. Any of the shows on the Podomatic page, here, you can download right from that site. If you want any older shows that I did you can have a look at the companion page here and let me know what you'd like. I have some of TCK's older show but only going back about three years.

Thanks for a great Season, Sean - and for sending me down one of the deepest rabbit holes I've ever been in my life! :smileybounce:

Thank you for the shout out,Sean, and this extraordinary week. And thank you, Pepsi, for your sage presence. :)

I enjoyed another wonderful and inspiring Season..thx for hosting!! Cool wrap-up vid! So much blues...makes me wanna play one again today.

Greetings,

Awesome, and thanks for hosting! Lot's of great tunes, keep 'em coming on the shows. I'll PM you, would love a copy of some of the older shows. Whatever you choose to burn would be great!

Ciao,
Gina

Thanks for the Season Sean. I just looked at the lists and saw several songs I liked and always wanted to do and never have, and went from there. It was fun. You're right, I wasn't happy with my vocal on "Freight train blues", but I had never tried it before either. It's weird, it's like I did better on the falsetto high notes than the "regular" ones.

A very enjoyable season Sean, loads and loads of fantastic music I've never come across before on your and TCK's shows. When I work out how to do it, I'll be downloading some of these shows. Do we need to pm you to let you know which of the older shows off the Companion thread list we'd like you to send us? There's a couple I'd like to get my hands on if that's not too greedy.

And thanks for the shout out too, it's John by the way :D

The question that I think lots of people would like to ask is how do you produce the radio show.
Do you do it at home or in a radio studio. Where do you get the records from are they owned by
the radio station or are they your own private collections. What do you do about copyright, do you have to
pay a fee for every record you play. I am sure there are lots of other questions but those are some off the top
of my head.
Rob, I'm sorry, I just realized I never answered your questions. As far as creating the shows, as much as I would enjoy doing them live at the radio station I record them at home using Garageband, and I believe TCK does his in a similar fashion. All of the music I play are from my own collection, though TCK did share a large portion of his early reggae collection with me. He has it all! I love to discover new music so a lot of the joy in creating new shows for me is in finding new songs, and I do that in every way you can imagine. In regards to copyright, that's a question I haven't asked TCK (he set up the radio show years ago so I basically just hitched my wagon to his star). I do know that he pays a monthly fee to Podomatic, which I contribute to whenever he lets me. I'm certain he takes the money I send him and gives it right to his local animal shelter.

A very enjoyable season Sean, loads and loads of fantastic music I've never come across before on your and TCK's shows. When I work out how to do it, I'll be downloading some of these shows. Do we need to pm you to let you know which of the older shows off the Companion thread list we'd like you to send us? There's a couple I'd like to get my hands on if that's not too greedy.

And thanks for the shout out too, it's John by the way :D

I'm really glad you enjoyed it John, and the shows as well. On Podomatic there are a few tabs at the top of each show, one says play and another says download I think. That should do it. Feel free to PM me if you want, with your address, or you just go ahead and list the shows you'd like right here in the thread and I can get started on them for you. No need to worry about feeling greedy. We put these shows together for folks to listen to and I'm more than happy to share them.

A very enjoyable season Sean, loads and loads of fantastic music I've never come across before on your and TCK's shows. When I work out how to do it, I'll be downloading some of these shows.

You can either download them direct from Podomatic.com, or subscribe to the show via an RSS reader, or via iTunes. I use iTunes, so they can go straight on my iPod.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it John, and the shows as well. On Podomatic there are a few tabs at the top of each show, one says play and another says download I think. That should do it. Feel free to PM me if you want, with your address, or you just go ahead and list the shows you'd like right here in the thread and I can get started on them for you. No need to worry about feeling greedy. We put these shows together for folks to listen to and I'm more than happy to share them.
Thanks Sean, in that case would love to have Reggae Hit The Town , and Girls Are Out To Get You. I will download the podcasts when I get back from this weekend as we're off to a festival. There'll be a bit of Ska there as The Selector are playing, among others :D

Top Bottom