Martin Centennial Rollcall

Ukecaster

Reaction score
How many members here have Centennial ukes?
I wonder if the serial numbers are all sequential? I'll list them here.

Style 1
#15323 - clark-kentski
#15558 - jfalconc
#15655 - OhioBelleu
#15758 - jbm
#15782 - rpfrogner
#15784 - rpfrogner
#15787 - AlohaUkuleleMan
#15826 - Sharpshin
#15827 - Ukecaster (this one was catch & release, it's back out there now)

Style 3
#2072140 - Django
#2076847 - rhiggie
#2079467 - clark-kentski

Mutants
#15796 - Ukeleleden (it is a Martin OX Bamboo Natural, mis-labeled with Centennial label inside)etc

Last edited:
2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Attachments

• 2017-05-13 18.09.18.jpg
    2017-05-13 18.09.18.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170513_180547-1.jpg
    20170513_180547-1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
My Style 1 serial number is 15558. Don't think they are sequential as there is a difference of 269. It is really only 100 of them? Now I have my doubts!!!

Since they are an S1 with a different sticker it could be that they chose 100 of the nicest from the "normal" S1 production run - who knows....

I got mine today. Centennial Style 1-Serial #15826
All in all, quite pleased with this purchase. No buyers remorse here.

My Style 1 #15323 actions high ,needs a setup. expected to much I guess. My Style 3 # 2079467 from Elderly Perfectly setup , a pleasure to play and sounds so sweet , worth every penny and a 1 of 100 Martin..no brainer..

Saw one of these for sale (Model 1) at Groth Music in Bloomington, MN. Asking $468.

It seemed to have a finish stain on the front. I just bought my used non-centennial S1, so I am not in the market (and also want to upgrade the Grover tuners to UPT tuners in the near future). Love the sound and smell, though.

Groth has a vintage 1907 guitar on display as well (priced at $5000, I think).

My Centennial 3 is s/n 2072140. I bought it to play and enjoy. Tone, playability and build quality are as I would expect from Martin. Understated and elegant, just like the Martins of old, (Martin does confuse me sometimes with painted cowboy guitars and that "watch" thing on number 2 million). To each their own.

C1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread finally pushed me over the edge to get serious again and acquire a Series 1 Centennial Martin Soprano.

A quick history of my last S-1 (which was fabulous, but fell victim to me selling a flurry of ukes I had acquired that led to the need to do a clear out to make room for other purchases). So in the clear out sale of ukes, that regular S1 was sold last year. Only after it was gone did I realize that as great as the '60s S-0 that had planned to and eventually purchased actually wasn't a good enough reason to the sell the S-1 as there was a need to have both. So I had longed for andother Series 1 since.

The announcement of the 1 of 100 Centennial Series 1 edition was reason enough to buy as I loved the vintage cues they did with the headstock, use of the nickel tuners with black knobs, and the black tusk Nut & Saddle. So I went about finding one and ordering it only that first attempt to purchase the centennnial had to go back because with minor damage and the dealer took it back for a refund. After that my focus went elsewhere looking for KoAloha concert and super soprano...

But inevitably I always seemed to happen upon this thread which poked and prodded me to find another out there, especially those really great enlarged photos JFalconc posted up! So today I got serious and went looking and found a Series 1 Centennial and called the dealer. Purchase complete!

I'll update the thread with my serial # for the list, and pics and maybe a video (since there aren't many out there) when it arrives...

I am the caretaker for Style 1 Centennial #'s 15782 and 15784

Congrats! Post up pic or video of those! By the way buying more than one of any limited run can get you accused of trying to corner the market, LOL! :D

I cannot yet answer that question as I have yet to play the Style 1 Centennials. I purchased the pair as eventual gifts for my first 2 grand children born this year. Certainly I will do so and will give an update (or post a video).

TAG! I'M IT! Ok, so "The Mutant" got me! Yes, my attempt which I thought was a successful effort to acquire a Centinnial Style 1 ended up being Ukecaster's "returned" Mutant "Bamboo Centennial".

So this "Mutant Martin" is now taking on a life of it's own here on UU since the Martin Dealer keeps advertising this as a Centennial Style 1 Martin since it's labeled as such, despite it obviously being an 0X Bamboo Soprano...

I actually had a good laugh when I opened the case... Too bad valuations don't work like Error Coins or Baseball cards that typically are sought after for their goof ups.. It though may becoming a great conversation piece!

Here's my turn with my photo of "The Mutant"! :p

IMG_1982.jpg

Wow, I can't believe it! This dealer, Music123, had the nerve to re-sell this uke, after I returned it, telling them it was not a Centennial Style 1. Very unethical. What's even worse, I emailed Martin about this, they said they'd take care of it. After I returned it, I sent the same Martin customer service rep a followup email, telling him that Music123 had the uke back, and they should get it off the street. Obviously, that didn't happen. I wish I had Chris Martin's email, I'd love to clue him in on this situation, assuming that he would care, which he should.

Top Bottom