New Bettah auction. The fun begins.

Chuck Moore is a great artist, not just a ukulele maker. Maybe we could actually forget about the high price for a while and talk about the inlay work, the scrimshaw work, the uke making, and how these art forms have been all integrated into one amazing package. If you look at lot of scrimshaw work, it is smaller than the inlay on this uke. Scrimshaw fanatics will be looking at buying the uke because it is an amazing example of an old art, they wont really be caring about how it plays or sounds, the wood is just a frame to them. Inlay fanatics will be looking at the inlay, they are going to see the uke part as a frame or mount for a magnificent piece of inlay.

This would make a very nice show piece for any collector.

This uke is a masterpiece :drool:
We're really lucky to have this cooperation between Chuck and Andrew! We get beautiful pictures and fantastic demos from Corey and Kalei of instruments/art pieces that most of us couldn't even hear and see otherwise :D

2 minutes left an no further bids. Hmm. We'll see if somebody jumps in last minute or the second bid was such a strong signal nobody dares to jump in.

Beautiful inlay and wonderful sounding/looking wood combination. The winner of this uke is getting a gem of a uke!

Great uke went for a very good price but I gotta say that, for us spectators, that auction lacked something in the way of suspense and action.

I'm Daisy of Daisy Music, actually I just made a mistake that I filled a wrong price and I'm waiting for the next bidder. However, there comes no one , so I bought it. :)

I'm Daisy of Daisy Music, actually I just made a mistake that I filled a wrong price and I'm waiting for the next bidder. However, there comes no one , so I bought it. :)

Well you seem to be happy with the purchase, so congratulations! But I would have imagined if you mistakenly entered your bid amount, someone @ HMS may have helped correct it at that level of cost if you had brought it to their attention as soon as you realized your mistake... But I'm sure HMS & MBU are delighted for your mistaken winning bid just the same.

As Eddie said, enjoy your MBU - it's a beauty!

It is nice to sit on the sidelines and watch the game being played. Sadly I am not an accomplished player so I will always be a spectator. Congratulations DaisyCheung on winning another beautiful creation.

This is a very interesting statement. I have dealt with Andrew many times and if you did make a mistake he would have happily removed your bid.

This is a very interesting statement. I have dealt with Andrew many times and if you did make a mistake he would have happily removed your bid.

I agree!
$12,000 is a pretty big mistake if that's not the intended bid! Andrew would have allowed a change!
This "mistake" really turn a lot of people away if not totally put off !

Congratulations Daisy, you won the most beautiful Ukulele! Is that you with some lovely videos of a Ko'olau on Youtube? Please post a video of your MB when you get it.

Congrats Daisy. Welcome to the MBU family and UU as well. That sound hole is spectacular

Congratulations, Daisy! Your new Moore Bettah is a very beautiful instrument and I wish you that you really enjoy it!

Top Bottom