Thread: Help with Video Posts on U U

Default Help with Video Posts on U U

Hi there, I am having a problem when I post a video on U U. When others post a video they get a nice large still photo from the video, but when I post one I just get a small link to click on with no photo. Anyone have an idea or a tip how to do this correctly or an idea on what I am doing wrong?
    Thank you in advance for your help on this.
    James Clem
    Portland OR

Sure James,

After clicking on Reply To Thread you will see the tabs just above. Find the film strip and place the url in the box and click ok and then post. Very simple once you get the hang of it.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Maybe I am missing something, but I still can get what I am after. I am talking about on the initial posting for a video (not a reply to thread) I get a still photo (thumbnail) from the video on You Tube instead of the URL. If you look at the video I posted a few days ago under Videos on the Forum of "Wonderful World" you will see what I mean. Not sure if after posting the video I can correct this but I hope I can get clued in so next time it will be better.
    Thank you!

When you post a new thread, you can see a bunch of buttons below the box where you type in the title. Look for the button that looks like a couple of frames of a film strip. That's for inserting a video. Press it, then put the YouTube URL in that box, then press OK. Most times it works for me. If it doesn't work, then sorry, I don't know what the problem is.

By the way, you can go back to your "Wonderful World" post and edit it. Just replace the link with that film strip thingie. The playable picture of the video should appear in its place.

When you create a new thread, there are icons across the top above the white area, each icon is to insert an image, a video, etc. Just hover your mouse over the icon to see what it's for.

Last edited by kohanmike; 05-18-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, provide ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs.
    Patronize Bruce Wei Arts eBay store/custom shop in Vietnam http://stores.ebay.com/Bruceweiart-M...nstrument-Shop, good products, reasonable price. (Don't heed old reviews, he makes good stuff.)

Thank you so much for your response. I just used your advice and it worked! Your response was very clear and easy to follow. Thanks again!
    Cheers,
    James
    Last edited by resophonic; 05-19-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Thread Information