NUD..K-Brand Concert with a twist

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Yes this is a K brand concert..........a Korala plastic concert ukulele. This is my first plastic uke and it should be a fun go anywhere, leave it in the back seat or out on the deck uke.

It has been reviewed by Bazmaz and he gave it good marks. A friend owns one which I have played and I didn't hate it, lol. I actually thought it sounded quite ok. I might have gone for the Outdoor Uke but they didn't have a concert. Although I don't really like the concert size I wanted something bigger than a soprano for ease of playability and sound but smaller than a tenor for compactness and ease of transport, yup concert size.

I changed the cheap looking white generic plastic strings for Worth clear and it sounds loud and has some sustain and punch. A plastic punch but punch none the less. The tuners are rough and kinda crappy but I can live with them. The saddle is removable and the nut slots are cut wide. Doing a set up, if needed would be possible. The action could come down some but it is very playable as is. The body is a good depth with a nice arch to it. All and all I am pleased with this and I should have some casual fun with it.

Yes Simon that is the Scottish Flag on the front so you know it was "inexpensive" . :biglaugh:........If you are a good boy maybe I will give this to you instead of the other K brand of mine you want (Ko'olau)

20170515_111327.jpg20170515_111344.jpg20170515_111402.jpg20170515_111419.jpg20170515_111612.jpg

Last edited:
These are great ukes! Beware leaving it in the back seat on a hot day though - I did by accident and the glue melted enough for the string tension to implode it a bit. Got a few of these as gifts for friends, they're good value.

These are great ukes! Beware leaving it in the back seat on a hot day though - I did by accident and the glue melted enough for the string tension to implode it a bit. Got a few of these as gifts for friends, they're good value.

Thanks PJ for the heads up on the heat damage, I was thinking it won't survive an easy bake oven. I am glad you like yours, it should be good fun in a canoe or a paddle board. Guess I'll find out if it floats or not

Yes this is a K brand concert..........a Korala plastic concert ukulele. This is my first plastic uke and it should be a fun go anywhere, leave it in the back seat or out on the deck uke.

It has been reviewed by Bazmaz and he gave it good marks. A friend owns one which I have played and I didn't hate it, lol. I actually thought it sounded quite ok. I might have gone for the Outdoor Uke but they didn't have a concert. Although I don't really like the concert size I wanted something bigger than a soprano for ease of playability and sound but smaller than a tenor for compactness and ease of transport, yup concert size.

I changed the cheap looking white generic plastic strings for Worth clear and it sounds loud and has some sustain and punch. A plastic punch but punch none the less. The tuners are rough and kinda crappy but I can live with them. The saddle is removable and the nut slots are cut wide. Doing a set up, if needed would be possible. The action could come down some but it is very playable as is. The body is a good depth with a nice arch to it. All and all I am pleased with this and I should have some casual fun with it.

Yes Simon that is the Scottish Flag on the front so you know it was "inexpensive" . :biglaugh:........If you are a good boy maybe I will give this to you instead of the other K brand of mine you want (Ko'olau)

View attachment 100210View attachment 100211View attachment 100212View attachment 100213View attachment 100214

If its not Scottish, its CRAP!!! Good thing it is ... phew!

If its not Scottish, its CRAP!!! Good thing it is ... phew!

Yea.........I knew getting one that was "Scottish" would save me from your plastic uke teasing. Good thing it wasn't a watermelon, :p Sorry Brenda, you know I love your watermelon

Yea.........I knew getting one that was "Scottish" would save me from your plastic uke teasing. Good thing it wasn't a watermelon, :p Sorry Brenda, you know I love your watermelon

Oh my gosh downupdave. I can't believe you actually did a thread for this !
Your UAS is getting serious by the day. I hope you install a pick up to match all your other ukes. You are totally out of control these past weeks. .;)

Oh my gosh downupdave. I can't believe you actually did a thread for this !
Your UAS is getting serious by the day. I hope you install a pick up to match all your other ukes. You are totally out of control these past weeks. .;)

You, Tim, myself and Simon have to get up at the uke jam and do an open mic performance with plastic ukes. Now we just need to get Simon a plastic uke.;)

I dunno, Dave, you may starting a movement where we start looking for plastic variations. Curly plastic, Spalted plastic, and for collectors: classic birdesye plastic.

I think your first pastic uke will surprise you (in a good way).
Even tho i have agreed with most of the negative comments ive read on plastic Ukes (tone/setup/look)
I wouldn't be without one.
My outdoor ukes have been almost everywhere i have regardless of temp/humidity/weather/terrain. My Grandkids think they are theirs because there are no restrictions on playing with them. Ive been working on my camping gear for this camping season and a plastic uke is on the pile. Its a perfect practice machine and if i get it rite on a plastic uke its going to be awesome on my mya-moe .

Dave,
Did you buy it in Canada or have it mailed in? Do you have a dealer link!

Dave,
Did you buy it in Canada or have it mailed in? Do you have a dealer link!

Dave bought everything out of the US. He already cleaned out Canada ! Now he is hitting the UK market
The rate he is going , Australia is next on his hit list!

Priceless! Of course you know what I (can't be the only one) thought from the title. LOL hilarious! Enjoy the uke, I had several Fleas, not all at once, that I loved and they are the only ukes I regret selling. Indestructible and so easy to just grab and go.

Congrats Dave!
(Pssst, where did yu get the money for all these ukes? You can PM me, I won't breathe a word)

Congrats Dave!
(Pssst, where did yu get the money for all these ukes? You can PM me, I won't breathe a word)

Nickie.....Solorule greatly exaggerates the extent of my buying. One plastic uke and she is telling everyone I have bought everything on three continents.

PS.....I robbed a bank

Dave:
I found my plastic uke . It was sitting in the living room next to my watermelon. Can you lower the action for me then we are in business.

FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender copy.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps we should do something more along the lines of all toy instruments ... like Jimmy Fallon and this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yL7VP4-kP4

Needs more cowbell! :rotfl:

And I totally need that banana shaker!

Proof that "classroom instruments" can make some pretty good music. Although, I did spy at least one serious instrument (other than Adele's voice) hiding in the back -a nice Kamaka.

Which leads me back on topic - congrats on your new K-brand, Dave! Concert is a good size to carry around in the car. I loved my Outdoor tenor, but my new Outdoor Soprano is more convenient. You wouldn't think a relatively small instrument would seem "big," but I was always whacking my passengers in the head with the tenor while reaching in the back to grab it. :p

Top Bottom