Hello From Washington State, USA

PhatFunkJazz

Reaction score
Greetings from Southern Puget Sound in Washington State, USA. I've been playing ukulele exactly two months now. However, I have played guitar and electric bass for 30+ years. That amounts to some musical knowledge and lots of experience.

Although the ukulele presents many new challenges to an old dog like me, I welcome this lovely musical voice in my life. I have needed new inspiration, this little Kala tenor ukulele provides it. I can't keep my hands off it, at work or at home.

Also, I joined UU+ today; I'm excited to meet and learn from other musicians here.

Stefan

Aloha! Uncle Rod Higuchi here.

if you make it up to Seattle on Weds, please feel free to join STRUM (Seattle's Totally-Relaxed Ukulele Musicians)
at the Kona Kitchen Restaurant. We meet from 6-8p every Wed evening, and possibly toward the end of May
we may be returning to the Ballard Locks (weather permitting) for our Outdoor Season thru August.

so if you come to join us, if it's June thru August, we will most likely be at the Locks, 6-8p. :)

Also, please feel free to get my Boot Camp materials from the link below :)

keep uke'in',

Howdy neighbor! Im just down from you, between Longview, WA and Portland, OR on the Oregon side. Ive been playing for 9 months to a a year now. Welcome Stefan! Prepare to become more addicted, and the owner of more ukuleles than you ever thought humanly possible!

Shannon

Aloha - was just going to type up my intro post and saw that you are from western WA also, so wanted to say hi. I'm between Seattle and Tacoma. Thanks, Uncle Rod H for the STRUM info. Now, on to my intro post...

Thank you for the nice responses from all of you. I'm already planning to buy another ukulele(s). Unfortunately (or fortunately), lack of funds prevents me from instantly buying more instruments. For now, I'm going to have to be satisfied with one ukulele. That's okay, I need to stay focused on the practice path. Also, thank you to Uncle Rod Higuchi for the Boot Camp and Seattle jam info.

Welcome! Help maintain the mayhem.

Top Bottom