Are you drawn to koa ukes? ... a koa junkie? Show your stash.

Here is part of mine
ixbjex.jpg

Hmm. Looks more like a locust tree to me. :)

Quarter saw it and let it dry.

I think your obession is unhealthy, so I will alleviate you of it by taking a few of those off your hands......free of charge of course ;)

Here's my Pono PKT-2E.
I'm always amazed at the beauty of this "budget" offering from Ko'olau. And not surprised that they went in a different direction after these - a bit too close to big brother? Whatever. I'm grateful to have procured this one.
The sound? Very nice, sweet and focused.. "chimey".
Finish? immaculate. Intonation? Superb! - and a very beautiful aesthetic with the ebony binding, rope purfling and abalone rosette.

Pono PKT-2E.jpg

Here's my Pono PKT-2E.
I'm always amazed at the beauty of this "budget" offering from Ko'olau. And not surprised that they went in a different direction after these - a bit too close to big brother? Whatever. I'm grateful to have procured this one.
The sound? Very nice, sweet and focused.. "chimey".
Finish? immaculate. Intonation? Superb! - and a very beautiful aesthetic with the ebony binding, rope purfling and abalone rosette.

View attachment 100485

Sweet little Uke.

I used to be drawn to it, and at one point owned 3 Hawaiian Koa ukuleles. Now I have just one (a Kanile'a) as I have tended to favour mahogany sopranos of late.

Top Bottom