Bevels - credit where it is due

Kekani

Reaction score
Conversation came up today in a closed luthier group, so I thought I'd throw it out there for those that don't know.

Fill in the Blank:
At one point in time, when an instrument had a bevel installed, it was generally known as the _________ Bevel.

Note: if you know, you know. But I think just for fun, let's see what some guesses are?

Here's a hint, sort of: My saddles are tilted back at a 7degree+ angle. Originated by Rick Turner on a Peter Frampton acoustic to address a setup issue, I now call it the Turner Tilt-back Saddle, as blessed by Rick.

If you are referring to an arm rest as bevel it would be a "Laskin" arm rest.

If you are referring to an arm rest as bevel it would be a "Laskin" arm rest.
That's correct, iirc. Arm rest was the term.

Grit is super cool- I emailed him years ago after going through his book, and was looking for more colors of his sticks that.he uses for engraving. Without question, he hooked me up!

Last edited:
That's correct, iirc. Arm rest was the term.

Grit is super cool- I emailed him years ago after going through his book, and was looking for more colors of his sticks that.he uses for engraving. Without question, he hooked me up!

That is very very cool. Being a fellow Canadian I was lucky enough to meet him.

That is very very cool. Being a fellow Canadian I was lucky enough to meet him.
What's up with all the cool Canadians? I've stated before that I like to do business with people, and not just products. Haven't met Dave, but Tarina and her staff at Graph Tech always take care of me. Bunch of cool Canadians right there, ay?

What's up with all the cool Canadians? I've stated before that I like to do business with people, and not just products. Haven't met Dave, but Tarina and her staff at Graph Tech always take care of me. Bunch of cool Canadians right there, ay?

Cool is how we roll.

Top Bottom