I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (England Dan and John Ford Coley)

John, another great tune traveling back to memory lane! What else do you have up your sleeves? Do you take request? I will look for you on Japan got talent ! ;)
BTW, Where do you get that antique phone? I don't remember it was around in the 70's ? What a great opening! Your videos are getting more and more professional! Love it!

Thanks, Brenda! I strongly consider any requests I receive, but it really depends on the song. Let me know what song you have in mind and I'll see if I can get it done!

I got the phone at a store called Hard Off (yes, that's the name). They sell used electronic goods, old records, used musical instruments, etc. I'd been thinking it would be fun to show my granddaughter some of the stuff we used to use in the "old" days, like rotary dial phones, so when I saw it, I felt like I had to buy it. They're selling a nice phonograph record player, but it'd be a bit heavy to lug home.

Once I had the idea of incorporating the phone call in the video, I decided to use two angles... one of me starting the dialing and one directly above the phone so that the viewer has a good angle to see the rotary dial. I had to experiment a bit with the timing between shots. It gave me an appreciation for the challenges of editing a whole movie, especially complicated action sequences!

Thanks, Campbell! I really appreciate it! :)

I have always loved this song! Now I love it even more.

What a clever start to the video, the telephone, the Beatles...

Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

Thanks, OhioBelle! I used to have that Abbey Road poster on my wall, but I don't have wall space now, so I decided to put it on my desk under a clear plastic mat. I like having the four Beatles "walking" on my desktop! :)

Wonderful song, great rendition! Love seeing the talent here, drives me to improve!

Thanks, VoiceofTJ! I really appreciate it!

Brenda, great song request! Sounds challenging vocally! Let me give it a try and practice it. I'm currently working on another song, so please wait a bit.

I think I've done only one Hall and Oates song. I'm not too happy with the result, but it's one of those songs that I like so much that I had to give it a try:

Thanks, VoiceofTJ! I really appreciate it!

Brenda, great song request! Sounds challenging vocally! Let me give it a try and practice it. I'm currently working on another song, so please wait a bit.

I think I've done only one Hall and Oates song. I'm not too happy with the result, but it's one of those songs that I like so much that I had to give it a try:

Nice ! You did a great job on this one too!

Another great song! Let me give that first song a good college try! Sarah's a great name. Hall or Oates must have liked a girl named Sara because her name is mentioned in Las Vegas Turnaround as well!

Another great song! Let me give that first song a good college try! Sarah's a great name. Hall or Oates must have liked a girl named Sara because her name is mentioned in Las Vegas Turnaround as well!

I read somewhere that Sara is actually the mother of either Hall or Oates. He wrote the song when she was sick or something like that....

Once again, two great videos to brighten a dull day:D.
Always love your song picks and the creative videos - love Brenda's song suggestion too.

That's sound great. H & O Sara is why I named my daughter Sarah.

How about this one? It was my all time favourite back in the day...
https://youtu.be/fGyJPGpTTdo

Careful with accepting any work from Brenda.......she won't let up and is relentless:p Just ask Campbell and myself. Just joking, Brenda is a dear friend and we play together.

I have really enjoyed all of your videos, you have a great voice. Is that a concert size Beau Hannam, it looks and sounds fabulous.

Thanks, Dave! The Beau Hannam "monarch" is a tenor. By the way, that wooden mosaic rosette has become something of a trademark for him. He does great work and I recommend him as luthier for anyone who wants to order a custom. He must have a long waiting list, though...

I like Brenda, too, and feel honored to receive any sort of request from her (as well as from others). Requests make me consider trying songs that I might not have previously thought about, but it'll come down to whether I can do a rendition that I'm happy with. :)

Top Bottom