Season 275 - Put on Your Dancing Shoes

I don't know if this is enough of a dance song for this Season, but I turn 40 tomorrow. I can still dance.

I was playing around with the Mellotron box last night, and the brass setting was sounding like a krumhorn. So I quickly threw together an instrumental in waltz time, trying to sound medieval and electric at the same time.

I managed to record something this week. What a shock!

The weather has finally dried out so like my fellow PDX seasonistas, we are recording outside for a change.

Here's a waltz that hopefully will hold your attention long enough for the story to charm you. Most of you will recognize this artist from the last season I hosted.

My backup basset is Marvin. He's usually way more active... seriously! It's just been a busy weekend for him.

Late but not last!

I suddenly realized that I know a couple of dance tunes!
Here's one of them.
The Tennessee Waltz on Rosie my Ohana TK-50 G tenor
Tuned dGBE played in the Key of D.

Looks like this is going to be the second week in a row that I've got songs almost up to recording standard, but ran out of time. Sorry about that. At least I've got a couple of songs up my sleeve for future seasons. Now, I just need someone to do a Daft Punk theme.

Looks like this is going to be the second week in a row that I've got songs almost up to recording standard, but ran out of time. Sorry about that. At least I've got a couple of songs up my sleeve for future seasons. Now, I just need someone to do a Daft Punk theme.

Perhaps you're being too much of a perfectionist. If it's a bit rough, it doesn't matter. Bring the song anyway. I've done some pretty rough recordings for the seasons over time in order to get something entered on time.

Save The Last Dance For Me

The Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman classic immortalized by the Drifters. Based on a true story from Doc Pomus' life. Crippled by polio from a young age, he was unable to dance with his bride on their wedding day...

Not so much of a toe-tapper perhaps, but maybe one to be played as the house lights come on and the cleaners begin to arrive : -)

Last edited:
Perhaps you're being too much of a perfectionist. If it's a bit rough, it doesn't matter. Bring the song anyway. I've done some pretty rough recordings for the seasons over time in order to get something entered on time.

Too late :( I would have made it, but I had a mental blank half way through the week and completely lost the ability to do the strum that I had been practicing. It took another 3 days just to get back to where I was. I'll do it next time it is appropriate for a theme. Doesn't work for next week, unfortunately.

Season 275 is now over. The last dance has been played and the band has packed up its gear and gone home. (It's not usually a waltz at ceilidhs which is what I play for. We often do a circle dance as it's easy to get in everyone who wants to dance as there is no need for fixed number sets).

There are 77 songs on the playlist and there maybe a few more to add. I see quite a number have been adding their own which is good but I need to listen to the last few entries. I'll do a wrap up later in the week.

Thanks to all who have entered and who have entered into the spirit of the dance.

Top Bottom