NUD Mya Moe baritone

Congrats on this stunning Bari! The bearclaw spruce top is certainly eye candy and the grain on the back and sides is very tasty too. All in all that is a dream uke for sure.

My MM spruce top Bari is much plainer. I think the brighter tending spruce is an excellent combination with baritones because they tend to be warmer and mellower sounding and the spruce can be used to balance that with the right strings as you discovered. I still love mine.

I agree the planetary tuners are an attractive upgrade. Did they change the balance at all? I'm thinking about installing them on my vintage Kamaka baritone which has the original friction tuners. They work ok but I change tunings a lot and geared tuners would be a welcome addition.

Congrats on this stunning Bari! The bearclaw spruce top is certainly eye candy and the grain on the back and sides is very tasty too. All in all that is a dream uke for sure.

My MM spruce top Bari is much plainer. I think the brighter tending spruce is an excellent combination with baritones because they tend to be warmer and mellower sounding and the spruce can be used to balance that with the right strings as you discovered. I still love mine.

I agree the planetary tuners are an attractive upgrade. Did they change the balance at all? I'm thinking about installing them on my vintage Kamaka baritone which has the original friction tuners. They work ok but I change tunings a lot and geared tuners would be a welcome addition.

Andrew I agree with everything you said about baritones, spruce tops and discovering the right tone. Your spruce and maple Mya Moe baritone was an inspiration to me. The UPTs are lighter than most geared tuners so it lightened up the headstock which I like.

Folks if you have not had the pleasure of viewing Andrews performances on the "Seasons" click his youtube link. He does some of very best baritone arrangements and performances going. I just love his stuff

@Simon and Brenda.......you know me, the mad scientist gets stuck in his labratory and forgets to share with his friends :eek:. Simon, I actually told you I had ordered the UTP but with all the other UAS stuff going on you must have forgot.

What? UAS, me?

I resemble that remark. :cool:

Top Bottom