Completely Useless Ukulele Tips (series)

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I just started my Completely Useless Ukulele Tips (series). They are things that I've run across on the ukulele that might be useful, but interesting no less.

Tip#1

cheers,

PeteyHoudini

Working title here could be Straight-A Student(!)

Ha, ha, from the title I thought you were going to tell us what to do with completely useless ukuleles (completely useless as ukuleles, of course, or the whole concept would be self-inconsistent).

You can also play 4 C's (5083) and 4 E's (9407), though not all on identical pitches. Doing the same with G (073A) is possible, but requires a bit more stretching. These shapes of course follow the same-note zigzag, a very useful pattern to know, one which just links the same across-the-fretboard intervals you form when you tune a uke to itself.

Great analysis with the other notes! I'm glad you verified my work that no other note can be played in unison at the same pitch. I like your C formation there.

Funny, I thought about that same thing as you about useless ukuleles but that could get insulting when mentioning brands so I would keep a wide berth of that. The best video on that subject is when "Barry Maz" set burned a bad uke in the fire. It had no redeeming qualities. hehe There's a vid on YT about that.

@igorthebarbarian: Great idea!

PeteyHoudini

Top Bottom