Ukes for babies

Grandpa and Rosa, Monday afternoon uke lesson.

Grandpa and Rosa on the ukulele.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree with the Peanuts sentiment (even if it's been altered from the Schulz version, which reads "banjo" in place of "ukulele").

Instilling interest in the uke through sharing goes both ways; I first fell in love with the ukulele while playing my 4-year-old cousin's Makala Dolphin. She showed me C, G, F, and Am chords, and I sat on her couch and happily strummed and plucked away the afternoon.

Last edited:
Rosa's beautiful smile made me smile. Thx

Thank you for saying that. We have her every Monday afternoon. Today we are going to learn to play and sing Surfin' Bird, by The Trashmen. The chords are pretty simple, but the lyrics are tricky. We might have to dig out the old amp to get the right effect.

For her two year birthday I bought my grand-niece a red ukulele. she strums at it a bit, then gets distracted by something else, but I hope that she picks it up. Her dad, my nephew (twin brother's son) started playing guitar at 9, which I influenced to a certain degree with me playing guitar, he's now a composer doing movies, movie trailers and TV shows.

I let my 2yr old play with my sopranino and it's the perfect fit for her. Lol she loves trying to strum with her index finger.

Image.jpg

My wife is pregnant with my first, (yeah, first time dad at 55!), and I've been playing and singing to him. (It's a boy!). This kid will have a uke in his crib!

Top Bottom