NCBGD - New Cigar Box Guitar Day!

Fuzzbass

Reaction score
Last edited:
That's very cool-looking! And it comes with a free glass slide - how fun!

Now you need to try building one. Great fun. I try to build them with as much recycled parts as I can. I call them junk instruments.

That's certainly different! A Frankensteinish uke! I actually like the idea cigar-box Ukes from manufacturers even though some say a production cigar box is a contradiction of concept. The Eddy Finn cigar box Uke is the one that caught my eye...

Have fun and make lots of music on your new cigar box!

It's really fun, tunes to open G, I got my fuzz and reverb pedals out. Sounds amazing, now to perfect my slide technique (or get one even)...

That's certainly different! A Frankensteinish uke! I actually like the idea cigar-box Ukes from manufacturers even though some say a production cigar box is a contradiction of concept. The Eddy Finn cigar box Uke is the one that caught my eye...

Have fun and make lots of music on your new cigar box!

I know having one made for you sort of goes against the idea of it, but he ho! It's brilliant. Square neck which is surprisingly easy to get used to, and the intonation is spot on for what is only a cut down bolt glued to a wooden bridge piece. I'm starting to look for a decent reverb pedal to use with it, although I should probably make one to keep with the ethic. I have made the mammoth fuzz though :)

The best part of the fun, there are no rules... Just have a bunch of fun making music!

Top Bottom