Wow! How did I end up here?

Mr. Mojo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Tommy and basically I'm a singer. My musical taste is very diverse but my style and preference for singing (at this stage of my life) is old school blues, R&B and soul (Motown). Of course I rocked out in my younger days but found that most of my rock favorites had a blues background and I was attracted to that blues guitar scale! Eventually I picked up the Guitar for a short period as well as the Harmonica but dropped them to focus more on vocals. That's when I returned to what I started out listening to as a child. Motown, R&B, soul etc.

So what brings me here? Actually this all took place in just the last few hours, after seeing a musician on T.V. this morning playing a Ukulele. Of all the times I've seen and listened to this instrument suddenly something struck me! A connection to the guitar...something I knew a little (very little) about. Hmmm....could I learn this? Could it possibly even be easier? Well, that leads to my question(s). I'll post that in the forum proper.

Thanks

Tommy

Welcome, Tommy. :)

Check out DaddyStovepipe on YouTube, he has quite a few blues ukulele tutorials with him singing along. Also guitar ones, but just hit the channel and do a channel-search for ukulele. :)

Welcome to UU Tommy - and just wanted to say - if you have a musical background, picking up ukulele is immensely rewarding. I started off playing brass and singing (classical choral music mostly) in college, picked up a uke in my late thirties and it totally rejuvenated my musical life.

Thanks for the welcome :) I'm looking forward to getting started.

Top Bottom