Greetings from The Whaling City!

kdris

Reaction score
Hi all and greetings from New Bedford, Massachusetts, USA!

I've been playing the uke (mostly baritone although I have a soprano as well and would like to add a tenor to my collection - I'd prefer to hang up the soprano) for about 18 months.

I have studied several instruments but never stuck with them - the ukulele stuck and I've played almost every day since the day I got my first one. I started out as a singer in high school and college (and still) but adding an instrument that I could sing along with has been a huge change and improvement.

I now play in an acoustic duo and jam with friends usually at least once a week but often more.

I've watched Ukulele Underground videos for most of the time I've played uke, but I thought it was time to check out the forums, especially now that I find myself in that intermediate valley where it becomes harder and harder to find resources to continue improving (beyond lessons, which I take once or twice a month at this point). I love the Aloha Friday Jams and love Aldrine's playing and overall attitude!

I wanted to share a link of me playing - it's noncommercial so I hope it's okay!

Welcome......I really enjoyed that recording. You have a great voice and the baritone playing was an excellent accompaniment to your voice and the song. Thanks for sharing

Thanks all!

@DownUpDave - thank you!

@Ukecaster, that's a great question and I will look into that - I was wondering something similar this morning!

Top Bottom