Why we have to stop killing wolves

Interesting video. It makes a case. I know that re-introducing wolves into Yellowstone was a controversial subject at the time. Perhaps it still is. I haven't kept up with it. But the most interesting thing to me is that I wonder why they chose a narrator with a British accent? Does that in some way make the argument more compelling? I always wonder why the warning announcements in airports here in the US are always in a female voice with a British accent? Are the announcements in Britain done in a female voice with an American accent? What is the British accent meant to convey to us here? Anyway, I don't want to take away from the message that Nickie has shared with us, but my wife has her graduate degree in rhetoric and because she worked in that field for a while and because some of it rubbed off on me, whenever I hear or see something like that video, I wonder about the supertextual psychology that is employed in the message. I just found the choice of narrator, the voice, the inflections, and the accent to be an interesting part of it as well.

Last edited:
As a voice actor, I can guarantee that she was chosen for EXACTLY that reason.

Top Bottom