Having a mentor

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
My brother owns a pretty influential media company that works out of San Diego. He is confident and a non-nonsense type of person so I was surprised to learn that he has a mentor to help him with his departure from his business. In the same way I have a mentor - Ken Timms. I know he is a bit of a legend here but you really only get to see the tip of the iceberg through this forum.

IRL, Ken's knowledge and experience are monumental - he can fix virtually anything and has a way of thinking that is unfettered by protocol and is instead informed by a lifetime's experience. He has made tools for me and realised design ideas that I have had but more than this, he has helped me trouble shoot problems with my machines - I am not a technical guy and Ken has managed on numerous occassions to step in and remotely help me out - we are a 4 hour drive away from each other! I am one of the few ukulele people tohave his phone nmber and direct email address (he is, believe it or not, quite shy) and am priviledged to calll him my friend. Thanks Ken for the past 10 years of help and advice.

REveryone needs a mentor - get one today :)

One look at Ken's profile picture gives a clue to why he is so shy. Due to an extremely rare genetic disorder, he was born completely covered in fur and resembled a chimpanzee. His mother was so upset she gave him away to gypsies where he was forced to perform as a human organ grinder monkey. This is where his love of music was born. He was later sold to an ukulele factory where he was forced to make dove tail joints 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Eventually he ran away and founded the now famous Acme Ukulele Works where he made millions. He is now retired to his palatial estate "somewhere in England" a very rich and happy man.

Many famous luthiers visit Ken's estate to meet the great man. Below a picture of Ken meeting with Bob Taylor of Taylor Guitars.

bigfoot_01.jpg

Which one is Bob?

One look at Ken's profile picture gives a clue to why he is so shy. Due to an extremely rare genetic disorder, he was born completely covered in fur and resembled a chimpanzee. His mother was so upset she gave him away to gypsies where he was forced to perform as a human organ grinder monkey. This is where his love of music was born. He was later sold to an ukulele factory where he was forced to make dove tail joints 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Eventually he ran away and founded the now famous Acme Ukulele Works where he made millions. He is now retired to his palatial estate "somewhere in England" a very rich and happy man.

Many famous luthiers visit Ken's estate to meet the great man. Below a picture of Ken meeting with Bob Taylor of Taylor Guitars.

View attachment 100490

Top Bottom