Ohana sk28 "nunes style" - reviwes, info and nut width

Pier

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm about to purchase an Ohana sk28 (I am in contact with the italian dealer, and I can buy it for a low price! I guess it will sign the beginning of a long shopping relationship! ahah), but since it's a bit far from my house, I'd like to come prepared and not being disappointed with it.

let me explain: I've had for the last year an sk38, wonderful beast, featherlight, nice looking and well sounding, BUT with a narrow nut that I couldn't get used to, even after an year (in particular because my other uke, a cheap laminate, has a wider nut that I love).

from pictures, the nut on the sk28 seems to be wider than the sk38, but I can't find any precise info about it.

other than that, I'd like to hear some comments and reviews about this little uke :D

I really love the look, so "unique" by now, the peanut body, the fretboard at the same level of the top... but there are few videos and few reviews on the web!

Actually, the first is about the concert, the second is about the sk38 :D

Ohana don't list this Uke on their site anymore and don't specify nut width (as far as I can see) for any of their Sopranos.
Ken Middleton (a member here) appears, to me, to have a link to Ohana so a private message to him asking for the information might work.

You could ask the vendor for a picture of the Uke they have in stock with a ruler held across the nut (for you to read).

Getting details off of any vendor seems hard, and accurate harder again. If you buy a Timms (Orginal Martin copy) or an Kanile'a Islander you'll get a decent width fretboard

Top Bottom