James Taylor

Sweet work Laurence, fabulous arrangement, thanks for posting.

Thanks Campbell! You are usually the only one who comments on my posts (much appreciated), but I see that this forum is't very active anymore. :(

Wow. Beautiful tune, played great. Did you do the arrangement? I have a goal to play Chord Melody like that, but I'm still a basic strummer and singer. Let me know if you and any recommended beginner learning resources for Chord melody playing.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow. Beautiful tune, played great. Did you do the arrangement? I have a goal to play Chord Melody like that, but I'm still a basic strummer and singer. Let me know if you and any recommended beginner learning resources for Chord melody playing.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much! I also play guitar, so I transfer a lot of that knowledge over to the uke. There may be books out there specifically for uke chord melody, but certain things are universal to all fretted instruments so I would recommend just getting comfortable with some chord theory and learn the fingerboard well. I mostly figure it out by ear and if it sounds good, it is good - right? Oh yeah, that is my arrangement, thanks for the comment!

Very nicely done!

I throughly enjoyed that, very well played. I'm a huge James Taylor fan and you don't see much of his stuff done on ukulele. Thanks for sharing that.

I throughly enjoyed that, very well played. I'm a huge James Taylor fan and you don't see much of his stuff done on ukulele. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks, yeah a lot of JT's music is really well suited to the uke. I think I should look into playing some of his other songs.

I started using thumb pick but found it hard to do the up strum.
You made it look so easy
Great choice of James Taylor music and beautifully played. Thank you.

Hey thanks! I know it looks like I'm strumming with my thumb but actually I am using my index finger. I only use a thumb pick because I can't get much sound out of the fleshy part of my thumb and it helps balance out the sound (and give it a stronger, rounder sort of sound). Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Top Bottom