Completely Useless Ukulele Tip #4: The World's Worst Sounding Chord

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
Hey gang, here's #4 of useless tips. The World's Worst Sounding Chord... basically how to remove fingers from a chord for songwriting purposes but in this case... it backfires! hehe

Petey

Pretty bad. But I want to know if you read all of Á La recherche temps perdu, and if so, in French? And do you want to form a book club? ;)

Nice find :drool:. I'm trying out every possible chord myself, but think I never get even two as bad sounding ones in a row!

Pretty bad. But I want to know if you read all of Á La recherche temps perdu, and if so, in French? And do you want to form a book club? ;)

No, I have only read a bit in English though I speak French. The books background is at a friend's house. I would read more if I stopped playing uke! hehe

Petey

What?? Your friend owns one of the houses where the book takes place? OMG. Please tell me more. I have read the whole dang thing twice.

That's pretty bad Petey. I didn't have to look that far to find a chord that sucks. I hate the E chord (1st position). I suck at it so bad I'll change the key of a song to avoid the damn thing.
E sucks.

@Nickie: For me, the E chord in the first position is 1402. Are you talking about 2444? Run for the hills!

@Ziret: No, she doesn't own the house but houses the books. hehe It pays to have friends with access to great literature! hehe

Petey

An interesting concept – I'll have to give it a go myself.

The first on of the 4 chords sounded to me like the famous chord in Bernard Herrmann's score to Hitchcock's Psycho.

I wonder if anyone could find a way of incorporating all 4 in one piece?

Cheers!

Top Bottom