LfdM baritone Build in Progress

The area is shaped out to accept the piece of snakewood for the armrest. Luis then shapes it to final form and he has applied a coat of shellac to seal it.

armrest 3.jpgarmrest 4.jpgarmrest 5.jpgarmrest 6.jpg

Dave, that's a pretty cool armrest. The whole ukulele is going to be a great looking instrument. Something to be proud of.
Cliff

Dave. This is coming along very nicely. I like your snake wood better! Very smart choice, buddy!
Counting the days to the delivery date!

Wow....that looks like a pretty thick piece of wood to be bent in such a sharp curve!
What a great looking armrest.
My cocobolo uke doesn't have an armrest per se, but the top of the left hand side lower bought is curved downwards, giving the uke a nice comfortable shape for my right forearm. It doesn't crease my arm. I tried to photograph it, but it is so subtle a pic won't show it.

The body binding and purfing are all done. Now I'm starting to get excited, it's really coming together. Check out posts #82 & #83 on the prior page to see how the arm rest is made if you haven't done so already.

binding 3.jpgbinding 2.jpgbinding 1.jpgbinding 4.jpgbinding 5.jpg

Last edited:
Looking fantastic Dave! You really picked nice woods. You should be very excited!

It is really nice to be Dave's friend in person!
Everyone needs a Dave so you can test drive a bunch of custom ukes !

Dana, Casey and Brenda thanks for the nice compliment I am really pleased with the wood combo.

@Tangimango : That is indeed snake wood used for the armrest and all body bindings. It binds the fretboard as well.

Congratulations! Your LfdM is going to be very sweet!

I got lucky recently and bought this long-neck LfdM baritone that Luis sent to Andrew at The Ukulele Site. It sounds wonderful. I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with yours.

I got lucky recently and bought this long-neck LfdM baritone that Luis sent to Andrew at The Ukulele Site. It sounds wonderful. I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with yours.

Wow I had no idea you had a LfdM baritone, Congratulations. They really are great sounding instruments

Nice score Mark. I know that you are a baritone aficionado.

Congratulations, Mark! So you are the one who got it in the end! I was about to get this one from Andrew, but then he couldn't ship it out to me because of the new restrictions on woods. Glad to hear that it is in your hands now.

Dave, I really enjoy to see how everything is coming together on yours. Please keep the pictures coming...!

Congratulations, Mark! So you are the one who got it in the end! I was about to get this one from Andrew, but then he couldn't ship it out to me because of the new restrictions on woods. Glad to hear that it is in your hands now.

Sorry to hear that you wanted this instrument but that Andrew couldn't ship it to you. Of course, I'm glad I ended up with it, and it's a delight. I hope someday you can find a way to get ahold of one of these LfdM baritones.

Dave, thanks for the photos of your LfdM baritone build. Although I'd heard a lot of good things about LfdM instruments, I became a believer when I saw the video demo Andrew posted for the baritone I got. Yours is going to be great!

Sorry to hear that you wanted this instrument but that Andrew couldn't ship it to you. Of course, I'm glad I ended up with it, and it's a delight. I hope someday you can find a way to get ahold of one of these LfdM baritones.

Dave, thanks for the photos of your LfdM baritone build. Although I'd heard a lot of good things about LfdM instruments, I became a believer when I saw the video demo Andrew posted for the baritone I got. Yours is going to be great!

Hey Mark, I know Rainer has been wanting an LfdM baritone and Luis has only been making his long neck with a rosewood back so the "stupid" new regulations have hampered Rainer.

It is fun to do a build thread like this because Luis keeps sending me pictures. Luis saw your post in this thread about you acquiring the baritone and asked about you. I said only good things of course ;)

Top Bottom