Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G7th UltraLight Ukulele Capo

Blimey it's arrived already! Sent 1st class and came in today's post. It fits nicely on my Kala bari - which is what I bought it for. Size and weight are excellent and I really like the way that it attaches. What a great little gizmo
    I'd like to be under the sea...

Yes, mine arrived too. Very easy and quick to use and the sound is excellent. I've been swithering over the D'Addario one for some time - glad I waited!
    Latecomer to uke but loving it! Baton Rouge U108S soprano, Kiwaya KS-5 soprano, Uluru II concert low G, Barnes & Mullins banjolele UBJ2.

I haven't used it on a uke, but this d'Addario Planet Waves capo works wonderfully on the five string and it's light and easy to apply.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Planet-Waves-P...=ukulele+capos

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Yates View Post
    I haven't used it on a uke, but this d'Addario Planet Waves capo works wonderfully on the five string and it's light and easy to apply.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Planet-Waves-P...=ukulele+capos
    Yes I have one of those Jim - the advantage of the new G7th is it's half the weight of that D'Addario
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

I ordered one of these off the g7 site today for about $17.50. There was one on Amazon, but it had red on it and I didn't want that. It said about 10-14 days to arrive. I tried a cheaper capo, but it was too tight and messed with the intonation, so I'm hoping this is better, even though I don't use capo's much.

Hi there !

I got one yesterday, on Amazon UK.

I already have the Planet Waves ukulele capo, which I though was quite good.
    I'm mainly a guitar player and use capos a LOT and have just about every brand of guitar capos - including a German designed Sterner capo, from which the design of this G7th capo is derived from.

The G7th version has in my view improved the original Sterner design ( from the little I have used both, so far).
    This G7th ukulele capo was immediately obvious to me so much better than the Planet Waves uke capo.
    The Planet Waves capo was not wide enough to fit my 9yr old son's Kala baritone uke - but the G7th capo works fantastically with the baritone and does NOT knock the uke out of tune - which the Planet Waves capo does, quite easily, unless it is loosened so much, it doesn't hold enough in position !

Many thanks for the ravereviews on the G7th capo, as I now have the best one available too !

Thread Information