G7th UltraLight Ukulele Capo

bazmaz

Reaction score
Looks pretty good - so I did a quick web search to find out if I could buy one in the US - and the answer is yes, via reverb.com you can get one for $14 (+$26 shipping) from a company in the UK. I found a lot of other sellers of G7th capos, so I expect that they just haven't gotten to the US yet. I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Yeah - think they were only launched this week

Very interesting, Barry. Do you think that plastic will be durable? It looks very flexible and light in your video. The light weight is, of course, a benefit as you pointed out. I wonder if repeated use will stress the plastic and cause it to fail?

Thanks for your review!

Very interesting, Barry. Do you think that plastic will be durable? It looks very flexible and light in your video. The light weight is, of course, a benefit as you pointed out. I wonder if repeated use will stress the plastic and cause it to fail?

Thanks for your review!

Maybe - but, you know, cost of a pack of strings...

Thanks for the review Baz :) I just ordered one directly off the G7th website. They don't seem to be out to other stockists yet.

FYI: I was able to pay with Paypal, although it wasn't immediately obvious that that was an option. However, it comes up when you get to checkout.

I ordered one last night and it has been shipped. I don't expect to use it that much so am not too worried about durability. There's plastic and plastic - some lasts better than others. I remember when my children were small being very impressed with the Fisher Price toys - they seemed to be indestructible.

Last edited:
Blimey it's arrived already! Sent 1st class and came in today's post. It fits nicely on my Kala bari - which is what I bought it for. Size and weight are excellent and I really like the way that it attaches. What a great little gizmo :)

Yes, mine arrived too. Very easy and quick to use and the sound is excellent. I've been swithering over the D'Addario one for some time - glad I waited!

I ordered one of these off the g7 site today for about $17.50. There was one on Amazon, but it had red on it and I didn't want that. It said about 10-14 days to arrive. I tried a cheaper capo, but it was too tight and messed with the intonation, so I'm hoping this is better, even though I don't use capo's much.

Hi there !

I got one yesterday, on Amazon UK.

I already have the Planet Waves ukulele capo, which I though was quite good.
I'm mainly a guitar player and use capos a LOT and have just about every brand of guitar capos - including a German designed Sterner capo, from which the design of this G7th capo is derived from.

The G7th version has in my view improved the original Sterner design ( from the little I have used both, so far).
This G7th ukulele capo was immediately obvious to me so much better than the Planet Waves uke capo.
The Planet Waves capo was not wide enough to fit my 9yr old son's Kala baritone uke - but the G7th capo works fantastically with the baritone and does NOT knock the uke out of tune - which the Planet Waves capo does, quite easily, unless it is loosened so much, it doesn't hold enough in position !

Many thanks for the ravereviews on the G7th capo, as I now have the best one available too !

I thought these looked good according to the review, and i was happy to search for them with intention to purchase one for myself, even though i dont use capo on my uke atm, its good to have one. Unfortunately they were ranging between around $39 to $50+ (A lot of that cost being freight) to order one to Australia which i think is a bit too rich for a uke capo , i gave it a miss and ordered a different capo for around $10 , its probably not so good but as mentioned i dont use one regularly anyway, maybe when the prices in Australia go down on these later i might reconsider. I think they look like a good practical uke capo though, just the fact theres so much cost involved in freight seems a real pity, ive paid similar prices around $50+ for good ukuleles. The price of the Capo itself was ok, its probably a good purchase in US or UK.
Might consider the planet waves capo also which was mentioned.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a G7 capo for sale at Crescendo Music in Myaree, Perth for au$20. They may be able to post one to Dean for Australia Post prices.
edit: here is the link:
http://www.perthmusicshop.com.au/ukulele-accessories/3541-g7-ultralight-ukulele-capo.html

Cool. Thanks Bill.
I could possibly get someone else closer to Perth or Myaree to pick ine up for me actually, no urgency. Thanks for the tip and the link :)
Just had a look, $19.95 thats a much more reasonable cost. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Great, my girlfriend said she could drive by there some time and get me one .. Thanks Bill, maybe theyre being stocked in store here now
Happy Ukeing :)

Top Bottom