Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what videos to start with?

Default So what videos to start with?

Never played guitar o ukulele in my life before!

In the video archive there are a few diffrent week 1 videos. So where to start?

There is the UKULELE UNDERGROUND UNIVERSITY and BEGINNER VIDEO COURSES.

Thanks!

I don't know about those two but I enjoyed this video course very much. And it is less than $9usd a month.
    https://www.theukuleleway.com/
    You can try the course for free before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by marwar View Post

Thanks!
    Definitely start with the Beginners Video Course. It takes you from "zero" and logically progresses through the different skills needed to play ukulele. This is a very very well done video series for someone with no fretted instrument experience, that was me 3 years ago. Have fun......I know you will
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

When watching youtube lessons, remember you can hit the gear icon at the bottom of the screen and slow it down if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson430 View Post
    I don't know about those two but I enjoyed this video course very much. And it is less than $9usd a month.
    https://www.theukuleleway.com/
    You can try the course for free before committing.
    I just signed up for this site and I really like it so far.

Also, The Ukulele Teacher is fantastic. I have learned several songs by watching his videos. He has a YouTube channel with tons of free videos.

I started with Cynthia Lin on Youtube and made very good progress. I moved on to Rockclass101, also a good teacher, though I would find him more difficult if I hadn't had the videos with Cynthia.
    There are lots out there.

Quote Originally Posted by marwar View Post

Thanks!
    If you're talking about the UU+ vids, you should start with Ukulele 100. It covers how to hold & tune and strum and finger positioning and what not. Which then leads to the 101 vids, then to 102!

Quote Originally Posted by josheboy View Post
    If you're talking about the UU+ vids, you should start with Ukulele 100. It covers how to hold & tune and strum and finger positioning and what not. Which then leads to the 101 vids, then to 102!
    I started 2 weeks ago with UU+ and I'm progressing quickly. Highly recommended!

I never played an musical instrument before. I purchased a inexpensive uke 15years ago then found "Uke Minutes" on UU. I watched everyone of them over and over and began to play many simple songs. The "hook" was set. Today, there is not a day that goes by that I don't pick up a ukulele. I never leave home without one. The more I learn the less I know.
    Pono Mahogany Tenor High G
    Kamaka HF-3 Tenor High G
    Pono Mahogany Tenor 8 string

I'll second the "Ukulele Way" recommendation. Actually, it's $9 Canadian, so if you're in the US it's less than $7 per month. I'm completing Book 3. My kids recently finished the related Ukulele in the Classroom curriculum and are now starting Ukulele Way Book 1. If Ukulele Way also included practice exercises in addition to each lesson's repertoire piece, it would be pretty much perfect.

Before starting Ukulele Way, you'd want some basic familiarity with the uke. You could do "Play Ukulele Today" which is a small introductory volume and part of the "Ukulele Way" group of products.

Thread Information