Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, tenor scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtjm

Reaction score
Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, tenor scale. Used, but hardly. Very nice condition-- no strum wear, dings, or scratches. Includes hard case shown in photo. Beautiful uke. $975.00, plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_4578.jpg
    IMG_4578.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4580.jpg
    IMG_4580.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_4582.jpg
    IMG_4582.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4583.jpg
    IMG_4583.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4585.jpg
    IMG_4585.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Koaloha Pineapple Sunday-- more photos

more photos

Attachments

• IMG_4586.jpg
    IMG_4586.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4587.jpg
    IMG_4587.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4588.jpg
    IMG_4588.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4590.jpg
    IMG_4590.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, tenor scale. Used, but hardly. Very nice condition-- no stum wear, dings, or scratches. Includes hard case shown in photo. Beautiful uke. $975.00, plus shipping.

that's so ugly! What year is it?

Not sure what year it is, but some knowledgeable personout there can probably tell us, based on the bridge style.

So bigly ugly.

Wow. Sound similar to the Super Concert do you think?

Can't say, never heard a super concert. It's a bit less bass-y than my tenor.

Based on the spikey bridge style, I would guess somewhere between 2006 and 2008. Some KoAlohas have the date stamped on the neck block.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Are you the original owner Robtjm?

Wow. Sound similar to the Super Concert do you think?

I have owned both the Pineapple and a crown bridge super concert. The Pineapple Sunday was more chimey in tone, and louder than the super concert.

Thanks for the info. I'm not the original owner. I've had it for about a year.

Dang....I don't often desire another ukulele, but based on the sound reports and pictures, I *want* this.

Someone buy this before I give in to temptation.

And a New Pineapple Sunday was about $1600, in 2011, when I last looked at one.

I got the Sceptre instead, because I liked the sound/feel of that particular instrument more - but the Pineapple Sunday is still a very nice instrument.

These two threads have been merged as they involve the same instrument for sale in the Marketplace. Pineapple Sundays are very unique, very cool ukes. It is Pops KoAloha's play on the famous pineapple ukuleles originated by Kamaka, only with the addition of the scallops on top to more resemble the actual fruit. They (like many other KoAloha designs) have hone through many versions, included embossed on engraved grooves on the soundboard, as well as many bridge styles. They are known for a very bright, chime like tone. There are not that many out there, but they are great instruments to own, I have had a few in my time. :)

Thank you for that. Two posts was a screw up on my part-- much better as a single merged thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom