Season 277: For the Kids again

I had hoped to find time to translate the lyrics and learn a chord melody arrangement for a danish lullaby, but it seems I bit off more than I could chew. I'll keep working on it and do it some other time.
So nothing from me this week, sorry.

All right, Seasonistas, 277 is officially closed. Thanks for an awesome season. I'll try to get a wrap up posted very soon.

Time for the wrap-up!

For me, this season was simply amazing. You guys brought some great songs, and LOTS of them! It was a very healing experience for me. I was very frazzled and stressed out by end of the school year stuff, moving to a new house and the heavy workload for the committee I'm on, so spending a week focusing on ukulele playing, and listening to all of your fun songs was enjoyable, relaxing and a very welcome change.

I had one prize set aside for my favorite song this week. It is a signed copy of Newbery Medalist Kwame Alexander's new book Animal Ark.

kwame.jpg

This was a super hard decision for me. There were so many excellent songs. A few that stood out were: A Bird's Eye View of my Uke's "Yellow" (such a great, original song) AlanDP's cover of "I Love Ukuleles", TheSillyDave's, "Epp Oop Ork Ah Ah" and TCK's "I Wanna Be Like You." I could have given it to Jazzbanjorex for any of the thirty-one songs he brought to the season (31!) or Lelouden for any of the twenty she recorded.

In the end, I decided on a Junior Seasonista. Linda said she was her "shadow" at one point, but really, she was a ray of sunshine for this season. She made me smile in every video she showed up in, and especially when she performed with Linda.

So congrats, Paisley you are the winner of Season 277! Linda, if you give me an address, I will get the book in the mail for her. I hope she loves it!

Now for the real reason of the season: the books! There were 146 songs in the playlist. I promised that we would be donating a brand new book per song to a local elementary school in need of some books. The school library we chose is T.S. Morris Elementary School in Montgomery, AL. We have a friend who is a teacher there, and she told us they could REALLY use them. They have already been donated, and we hope they will make some children very happy this next school year.

books.jpg

There have been some jokes about how expensive this will be for us, but I will be honest, I am on teacher salary with four kids, and there is no way we would be able to purchase all of these books ourselves. Through some of my professional connections, we were able to get all of the books donated by the various publishers, so thanks to them, and thanks to you all. You brought some great songs. Every single one of them was fun and enjoyable for me, and I learned several that I will be attempting for story time. (This week I'm trying Rex's version of "Five Little Monkeys") I am so glad to be back into the Seasons community after a few weeks away. Now to start thinking about tree songs........

I will leave you with a video of our whole family squished on the couch.

What an absolutely adorable closing vid, Benji! Harper and Emrist did superbly ... and I can't think of anything more fitting than giving the prize to the wonderful Paisley! Thanks so much for such an enjoyable week!

It was a great Season, I really enjoyed Rex and Linda's many many songs, the season was Ear Worm Central, in the best possible way. Great cause too. Getting anyone to sit down and pick up a book is a wonderful thing, more so if it's children, it's a gift for life.

Paisley is absolutely the Season Winner! Terrific Season, all, well done Benji!

Great season, great fun, great reward. This was a fantastic theme and a ton of fun mate. Thanks for the philanthropic out-reach that can make us all smile and the reason to play of few songs

SO EXCITED!

Benji, this was the funnest season ever! The songs I did with Paisley were truly special and I am so happy to have them on video. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity this week to build memories :)

Every video by all were so much fun and this playlist is a fabulous resource. Great fun had by all and a huge WooHoo to Benji!

Love it. I'm glad you have some assistance with donating book. I was starting to feel bad about playing a few songs. Or I was going to go into my son's room and steal some of his books for the cause.

So very excited Benji. Paisley came running in..............

Best day ever! I can't thank you enough for making this little girl so happy. This was like Christmas!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Yay! I'm so glad it got there ok, and that she liked it! She definitely earned it. Thanks for including her in our season.

Top Bottom