Season 277: For the Kids again

A wonderful theme! Here's my modest initial contribution, with the idea stolen from 276 (still underway for about 23 more hours! Just sayin'.)

homemade song

"yellow"

chords E D A A +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i know a little man made of yellow
he likes to dance and sway
he likes to dance all day

here's what he says to me
i may be made of yellow
but there's so much more to me

i used to be blue
and all my skies were grey
then i learned to dance
and it chased the blues away

he likes to dance and sway
he likes to dance all day

'cos it chases the blues away
it chases the blues away
it chases the blues away
it chases the blues away

he says dance with me
come on and dance with me
everybody dance with me
i want you to dance with me

and chase the blues away
let's chase the blues away

My brother text me this picture of his latest painting and the song to play came instantly to mind.

Our ukulele club does the version that is in the Yellow Daily Ukulele songbook. I think I'll get them to try this version. It' not as morbid.

It is important to understand that other creatures have the same big questions about life that we do. We know all about the existential crises chickens face when crossing roads. In this song we learn about a philosophical bear. He lived his whole life on one side of the mountain. Wondering - no, longing - to understand what was on the other side. Finally, when he was able reach the other side his questions were answered. Were the answers what he expected.......

Here's a song I've always thought was cute, but never tried it before. Simple little song, but had a hard time getting a good take on it, so "it is what it is" here.

A wonderful theme. Growing up in the UK in the 60s & 70s, every Saturday morning we had a show called Junior Choice on the radio. This was two hours of children's songs - songs from Disney films, easy singalong things, and the sort of novelty records that drove adults mad (the old lady who swallowed a fly, four wheels on my wagon, ten green bottles, etc etc). That whole genre seems to have vanished, so anything to keep these songs alive has to be a good thing.

Here's another song I've always liked and never tried before. I may keep this one in my repertoire.

Whoa! I went to church this morning, and came back with a TON of videos to catch up on. I'm listening to them now, and I'll be adding them to the playlist really soon. Look for my comments on the individual videos. Thanks guys! You're amazing. Keep them coming! Remember, every video means one new book for a school library that desperately needs books!

The kids promised they would make a video with me this afternoon, but they couldn't be bothered to get out of the pool once I was ready to record.

This was the first song I ever played live for kids, and I play it many times a week, because I open all of my preschool story times with it. There has been some epic shaking over the years.

Hi Benji! Posted with indecent haste (for me!), because I shall be away for a couple of days this week ... hope to get another song done when I get back. DIRT ALERT!!! ... this is a very muddy song, and there is "method singing" involved, as I decided to put on a mud face pack in order to empathise with the hippos. (Has anyone ever recorded a song on the UU whilst wearing a face pack, or is this a first?)

A wonderful theme. Growing up in the UK in the 60s & 70s, every Saturday morning we had a show called Junior Choice on the radio. This was two hours of children's songs - songs from Disney films, easy singalong things, and the sort of novelty records that drove adults mad (the old lady who swallowed a fly, four wheels on my wagon, ten green bottles, etc etc). That whole genre seems to have vanished, so anything to keep these songs alive has to be a good thing.

Oh my gosh! Ed "Stewpot" Stewart" ... oh, the memories!

I've to cheat, only 165 weeks ago, but the vid I used was to nice :cool:

This is a non-entry! I hope to uke another one, I' should play again on my DIY Elphi.

always liked this song as a kid many,many, years ago

Top Bottom