Season 277: For the Kids again

Season 277. Submission 1. "What A Wonderful Word" (Words and music by George David Weiss and Bob Thiele, 1967)

Benji, I had some help on this one from Folkmanis' Tree Spirit. :)

Last edited:
I decided not to have children when I realized they all watch Caillou...but I am around kids 6 days a week between work and little league. Haven't met one yet that didn't like this song

Self esteem is real important for everyone I guess but especially for kids.
A Randy Newman song for 277

From the song charts I made up way before data projectors and smart boards.

Last edited:
I Wanna Be A Duck - Original Song

My wife says she wants to come back as ducks in our next lives, and we often take our daughter on walks to feed the ducks at the pond in our neighborhood. The basic idea for the song came to me a couple weeks ago, so this season was the perfect motivation to go ahead and finish it up. Enjoy :)

What a solid opening day, Seasonistas! There are 30 songs already on the playlist (please let me know if
I've missed any.) Three of them are originals, and ALL of them are super fun and of high quality. I'm calling it a day. Keep them coming, folks!

Let's get those kids a few more books! I think the Aggrolites wrote this for a Yo Gamba Gabba appearance, but it has become their crowd singalong at the end of every show since they did it. Last time we saw them an eight year old hopped up and did it with them - Good times

The owl and pussycat a poem by Edward Lear.
Lots of different versions of this poem most notably by Donovan
But I decided to do a bit of improvisation and this is what it came out like.

Just as was the case for my entry in Season 275, this song is strongly associated with a video. In fact, I think it only exists as a video, one with 275 million views to date. So, I felt the need to include snippets of the original.

When I learned the chords of this song, I thought it would be easy. Just three! Turned out not to be so easy and it took a lot of takes. First of all, it's quite long. Second, it's got an odd time signature, and lastly, there's parts where you have to talk conversationally while playing. I've never been very good at that.

I am not on the schedule for storytime this week so I just did one I like to do when I am.

When I am doing this one I sometimes use puppets and put them on my head and the kids heads while we sing. Other times, I do "Everyone put their hands..."on different body parts. All in all a great participation song.

I'm on a Jim Gill kick lately. It could be because my kids want to listen to his cd every time they're in the car.

Who doesn't love donuts?!? They still are hard for me to eat but I'll sure give it a good try. LOL
I love Burl Ives too.

Top Bottom