GNUF Recognition.

Hms

Reaction score
I see that no one from GNUF has posted regarding this, maybe they are too shy...not.

GNUF has been awarded the Queens Award for Voluntary Services.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthernUke

A great award, well deserved by Mary Agnes and all the people who make this wonderful event, enjoyed by so many.

Congratulations all, looking forward to year 6 next year!

H

Congrats on your award. :)

Seconded. It takes a massive amount of personal time and commitment to organise even small local events so to do something (massive) along the line of (the UK's) Grand Northern Ukulele Festival is exceedingly deserving of commendation.

For those in the (UK's) South I hope that the Cheltenham Festival (on in a few weeks) gets recognition too.

And well deserved recognition for the fact that they don't just turn up for the few days of the festival - they are involved with the communities around Huddersfield all year round.

Awww, thank you!
I have to admit that I forgot to post because I was on the field at UWC when it happened and then I was a bit embarrassed.

It's a crazy and humbling honour but it means a lot to know that folks (ukey and local and others) appreciate the work.
I calculated my time. I've put in thousands of hours. It's been totally worth it and I owe loads of UU folks for their inspiration and support.
:)
Mx

Top Bottom