New Electro Tenor Uke around the £250-£300 mark recommendations

Fuzzbass

Reaction score
Last edited:
That is very tempting, looks like it's new in as I haven't seen it there before - but you're safe, my UAS is over, (I seem to have got HAS now ;) ).

I have a couple of RISA electric ukes, they use Fishman pickups if I remember, & they sound pretty good to me, although I only use a Micro Cube amp with them.

HAS = Harmonica Aquisition Syndrome ;)

I went back to learn how to play them after spending a year on here learning to play ukuleles - collected a few ukes in that time, very enjoyable, but it's the harmonicas for me just at the moment, but, "I'll be back", (as the saying goes). :cool:

I love my Pono electric tenor and I'm tempted to get another but a baritone. You don't need the fancy shiny woods. Just get the basic model. Then, really learn to play the thing.

HAS = Harmonica Aquisition Syndrome ;)

I went back to learn how to play them after spending a year on here learning to play ukuleles - collected a few ukes in that time, very enjoyable, but it's the harmonicas for me just at the moment, but, "I'll be back", (as the saying goes). :cool:

Ha! I went through a very brief KAS period (kazoos). I hit on the perfect one and stopped looking :)

This man makes lovely kazoos -

Doc Kazoo

https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/greataswegokazoofactory

Bought the student model, lovely, comes with spare resonators and a pot of wax!

Haven't tried the one in the link (does look pretty), but my concern would be that the single passive piezo might be rather "quackish" sounding.

Is saving up for a Risa an option?

Last edited:
Big Island EUL-SMP-N Concert LONG NECK

Hmm, I'm really tempted by the Big Island EUL-SMP-N Concert Long Neck.

On the Big Island site it looks beautiful.

http://www.bigislandukulele.com/products/#product07

Can't find any reviews or demos about it though. I'm not to worried about the sound, I have three amps, some monitor speakers, and a couple of preamp pedals, but would be nice to hear it though :)

Top Bottom