Excited Newbie!

jayt0625

Reaction score
Hey all, I am Jason a 42 year old male from Pennsylvania. Never played an instrument in my life and have always wanted to learn to play the guitar but fell in love with the Ukulele. I already own 2 different Ukulele's and I can't even play them yet, LOL...sound familiar?

First purchase was a Makala MK-B Baritone (DBGE). Got this hoping the similarity to the guitar would help but didn't care for the sound so I switched the strings to the Aquila Lava Strings (GCEA-High G) and I like the sound MUCH better!

Second purchase was a Kala KA-TEM Tenor. Got the deal of a lifetime on this one! Haven't played with this one too much as of yet.

I am going to be doing the online classes thru here on UU starting tonight and hopefully I can progress much faster than I have. Right now I can play a few chords and strum better each day but it still has not clicked for me yet and I can not wait until it does!!!!

Thanks! I'm hoping with practice that I will learn to like the Tenor as much as I do the Baritone now. That darn D Chord is much easier for me on the Baritone for now!

Welcome to the forum! I know you will love your new journey…

Enjoy the learning--but also enjoy where you are right now. That boundless enthusiasm and the smiles that playing (even as a beginner) are what will drive you even further forward in your skills. Executive summary: Don't forget to have fun with the learning!

Welcome to the UU Forum, the best place to pair to your ukulele playing. Just remember that the acronym for "First Ukulele Note" is F.U.N., and that "fun" keeps going with each note you continue to play... Enjoy the journey!

Hi similarly-aged Jason. I started with zero musical experience. It's a great little fun instrument. Welcome and hola from sunnier, warmer Arizona!

Top Bottom