Tapastring StrapKeeper

sculptor

Reaction score
Has anybody out there dealt with Tapastring an/or used their StrapKeeper? If so what were your experiences. The StringKeeper is a little adapter that is supposed to securely connect your strap to a pickup. I'm thinking about this because my strap doesn't connect at all well to my LR Baggs Five.O. Also, if you know of any other products that do this please pitch in with the particulars of the product and your experience.

In previous forum posting people have suggested mangling your strap to fit better but I what to also use my strap on ukuleles with just a strap attachment button. Also even if I did that it doesn't seem like it would be a very secure fit.

Thank

-- Gary

Two thoughts:

1. This would be super easy to make.
2. Plugging in your 'ukulele is basically insurance for the pickup end of the strap. I don't feel very comfortable with the strap on my Five-0, but once I plug in, I'm not worried about it because as long as the cable doesn't pull out, your uke isn't going to go anywhere.

For my Cordoba plugging is is the exception and not the rule so...

Regards doing it oneself I suppose that is possible but I'd rather pay a few bucks than make a mistake which results in a dropped instrument that cost 100 time what the purchase would.

Last edited:
I own two of them and they work GREAT!!! Well worth the money. I have the LR Baggs pick ups as well.

Have one which I use with my neotech mandolin strap.
After another one.
Highly recommended.
h

I have a Uke Leash strap made for Amp Button combo. I modeled mine on the MiSi amp, since that is the one I have.
Uke Leash Guitar Style Strap
I also have strap button adaptors for my regular Uke Leash in both standard and amp size keyhole.

–Lori

I used a large paper clip to secure mine. I should probably get one of these....

I have a Uke Leash strap made for Amp Button combo. I modeled mine on the MiSi amp, since that is the one I have.
Uke Leash Guitar Style Strap
I also have strap button adaptors for my regular Uke Leash in both standard and amp size keyhole.

–Lori

I have used Lori's strap with my Donaldson and the K&K Twinspot jack for several years. It works very well, and I have no complaints whatsoiever.

-Kurt​

I broke down and ordered one online. One thing that is a bit odd is that last week
I tried contacting them via phone several times. No one answered the phone or
returned my call. They also haven't acknowledged the order... Do they take a
lot of time off??? Note, I would if I lived in Trinidad Colorado....

-- Gary

I have the Tapastring thingo on all my Ukes now. Best solution I have come across IMO. Especially for thick straps, which mine are.

I just checked my email (I ordered back in April), and the day after I ordered my strapkeeper I received a message letting me know it was shipped. If no one is answering the phone, try sending an email: keith@tapastring.com

I just checked my email (I ordered back in April), and the day after I ordered my strapkeeper I received a message letting me know it was shipped. If no one is answering the phone, try sending an email: keith@tapastring.com

Well, it arrived today without any email preceding it so I guess I don't have to do that... it always makes me a bit concerned when vendors don't answer their phone but it doesn't always matter. For instance HMS which sometimes is hard to reach by phone but other times is super easy and even in the hard to reach times manages to get to your questions and/or problems (I've had Andrew call me back from phone messages and spend a significant amount of time on the phone with me.)

-- Gary

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just got my first uke with a pick-up and need help with attaching the strap. I use the 1 inch Sherrins Threads straps. The hole on the leather part of the strap is too small to fit over the end pin on the MiSi. The Tapastring thingie looks like what I need. People mentioned in the thread that it works well on the LR Baggs pick-up. The MiSi looks the same as the LR Baggs to me. Anyone use these on a MiSi pick-up? Thanks.

I already tried to alter the leather end of a strap and it doesn't work very well. Also can easily slip off the end pin. I'm after a product that securely keeps the strap attached when the end pin isn't in use to an amp or sound system. The Tapastring strap keeper looks perfect but I just want yo make sure it fits the MiSi end pin. I was looking around last night, and Elderly sells these so I sent them a message to check on fit. They carry two sizes.

I already tried to alter the leather end of a strap and it doesn't work very well. Also can easily slip off the end pin. I'm after a product that securely keeps the strap attached when the end pin isn't in use to an amp or sound system. The Tapastring strap keeper looks perfect but I just want yo make sure it fits the MiSi end pin. I was looking around last night, and Elderly sells these so I sent them a message to check on fit. They carry two sizes.

It does fit. I have a tenor uke with a Misi and I own two of the Tapastring strap keepers. It fits Misi and LR Baggs pick up end jacks perfectly

Last edited:
I hate (HATE!) end pin jacks for this very reason. On my guitars fitted with pickups I always install a separate endpin next to the jack, so that way I can use a locking endpin. Martin has begun to do this with many of their guitars, and it is a great move. Putting up with an insecure single hole in your instrument might make sense for a 1942 Martin D-28, but for anything else, just use a separate endpin.

Attachments

• Martin Endpin.jpg
    Martin Endpin.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 16
  • GX endpin.jpg
    GX endpin.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
Not a bad idea...http://www.tapastring.com/strapkeeper0605.htm

I just tie it on with a shoestring, seems to work pretty good...

Thanks for the link, I just ordered one of these. I have a regular button on the neck end of my uke but the pickup end pin is too big for the rubber Fender (?) strap keeper "washer" I use there and I'm constantly having an issue with my soft leather strap coming off the bottom pin. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Top Bottom