Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

I originally wrote this song for an earlier season but it fits this one so I've written a new verse and this is a completely new recording. I've added some recorder and low whistle to the mix.

Person-tree (1).jpg
And a big thank you to all today's "contreebutors", Linda (Turtledrum), Linda (Louden), Lynda (BEV), Wim, Robin (LumpyWaffleSquirt), Dave, Ryan, Gina, Alan, Randy, Rob, Stan, Rex, Berni, Pa and Ukeing Viking. We have had some lovely songs, including some originals, and some great vids., most appropriately a very bumpy ride through a forest from Linda L.

Logging off now, but hope to wake up to some more fine submissions tomorrow!

Short and sweet. Probably best given that the second part is at the top of my range (or if I drop that then the first part too low). Hopefully this one doesn't get lost among the weeds.

Where I live we have some very special trees. They are the largest and oldest trees on the planet, and they are majestic to see in person. Melissa and I could never live very far from them because we have so many good memories tied into these forests. Anyway- I went and looked specifically for a song about Redwood trees, and it turns out Van Morrison wrote one the year I was born. I only listened to it half way through before I knew I had to play it...
so I hope I didn't Cloverdale it up too much. Thanks for sending down a rabbit hole toward a song I should have heard but had not Val.

Attempted this after a very long work day, so not at my peak. This is a weird open to different interpretations type song, but I like it.

Not my most flattering angle but all done on my phone. Whole process just 15 mins including record and upload and posting to forum. Crazy new world we live in.
Yes done for season 278.

Last edited:
278-4

This song popped into my head as I was looking through some songbooks for tree songs.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm in Finland! Where you really can't see the wood for the trees! Sadly no uke with me (a condition of being allowed on the trip :-( )

I'm about an hour & half S of weegingayin.

Back in London Friday, Hopefully with something appropriate :rolleyes:

Another OMAHU original is on its way, but while I was finishing it off this morning this lovely Dougie Maclean song popped into my head. Used to do it on guitar with a friend of mine, often at The Red Shed in Wakefield, but she sung it, not me. Anyway, I've not played it in a very long time, and this is my first attempt at singing it, but a couple of takes and it seemed to work ok. Redpaul1 just mentioned Wee Ginga Yin, maybe I should have done another Dougie Maclean song, Caledonia, in light of the Hamden Park result...but it doesn't mention trees I'm afraid :(

Top Bottom