Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

LimousinLil

Reaction score

HELLO SEASONISTAS! Apologies if this is a little bit early, but it is getting on for 10.00 p.m. here in deepest France and I need to go to bed.

And this week's theme is "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES." We are surrounded by trees ... in fact, we live in the middle of a forest, so I have decided that it would be most appropriate to celebrate all things arboreal, i.e. tree-related.

I would like to have songs about trees, woods, forests, etc., or songs that mention "wood" in the title or lyrics; for example "Wooden Heart" or "Woody Woodpecker".

I would really welcome instrumentals and any original songs or tunes.

THE RULES

The usual rules apply:-

1. The ukulele should be the main instrument, but if you want to include other instruments, that is fine.

2. Multi-tracking, plugging in and etc. are all OK.

3. Collaborations are most welcome.

4. A 3-song limit applies at the moment as I have only got the faintest idea what I am doing and I don't think I can cope with any more than that. (If things are going well, then the limit may be raised.)*

5. Could you please mention or list in the video that it is for Season 278.

6. The Thornton Rule is in operation - if you think that your song fits this week's theme, then it does!

THERE WILL BE PRIZES!!!! All are sourced locally, so that winners can have a flavour of the Limousin. (If you are lucky enough to win a prize, you can expect to receive an over-ripe local cheese, which should be oozing out of the envelope by the time it reaches you! No ... I jest! Prizes will come from the Limousin, but will be slightly more practical, i.e. not runny!)

You are all so brilliant that I have no idea yet how prizes will be awarded ... I am hoping that inspiration will strike during the course of the week. (I DID try to borrow Ylle's "Hand of Fortuna", but, she is, apparently not very consistent; the "Hand", that is, not dear Kolibri!)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS A WHOLE 'NOTHER DAY OF BENJI'S EXCELLENT KIDS' SONGS ... KEEP THEM COMING IN!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHFDjTj2zZYznB4SWXQa_jnJFyfB2xXw3

*As of this afternoon, I have decided to lift the maximum number of songs submitted to ten ... but PLEASE no more!

Last edited:
seems entirely appropriate to have a limit of (wait for it) "tree" videos (*groan!*)

SUPER THEME and lovely intro vid! :rock:

What a treet, Val! (#ducks)

The wrapup video for Season 276 is live! Thank you!

This gives me a great excuse to try one I've been meaning to have a go at for a while. Thanks.

The ROOT of the problem here is all these bad puns. You guys should BRANCH out and find better jokes.

Come on, let's get back on track. I'm doing "Wooden it be nice" by the Beach Boys

How about "wood" in the artist's name? Wood that be okay?
Woodie Guthrie?
Ron Wood?

Top Bottom