Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

IMG_20170616_090557.jpg
Now, knowing as I do how concerned you all are regarding
the welfare of my lupins, here is a quick update. I have just
spent half an hour spraying them with a very expensive and highly
toxic insecticide to rid them of nasty French bugs. I now have a
very strange taste in my mouth! If I don't make it to the end of the week,
I want you all to know it has been the most TREEmendous fun!

View attachment 100912
Now, knowing as I do how concerned you all are regarding
the welfare of my lupins, here is a quick update. I have just
spent half an hour spraying them with a very expensive and highly
toxic insecticide to rid them of nasty French bugs. I now have a
very strange taste in my mouth! If I don't make it to the end of the week,
I want you all to know it has been the most TREEmendous fun!

Take care Val, that insecticide sounds like pretty lethal stuff. Is it "Mort aux Pucerons" by Yves Saint Laurent? Think I got some for Christmas once....

Not an official entry but I thought I'd share the reason why I play uke rather than guitar nowadays...

Not an official entry but I thought I'd share the reason why I play uke rather than guitar nowadays...

This is interesting, Ryan! The reason that I play the uke rather than the guitar is that my little, diddy fingers have trouble stretching across the neck of a guitar. Well, I know I can't play the uke either ... but it doesn't sound quite so bad! That was some song you were playing there! (Younger son and his friends used to have a band, and since we had the most space and lived in the middle of a field, we were the ones who usually had to put up with practice sessions ... and also spend most of the weekend ferrying him and his mates around. Ah, lost youth ....!!!)

I don't think I can stake any more of this! You won't make yourself very poplar with all these tree puns Rex, I've a good mind to cedar moderators about you!

Now, now Boys! Rex, how could we possibly be sycamore songs from you (er, not sure about the tree puns, though) ... and have you changed Seasons??? And, John, if you cedar moderators we might none of us be very poplar, least of all me!Smiling-Face-Funny-Tree-Picture.jpg

Here's one from George Formby, from around 1938. I'm glad that you raised the "Tree Song Limit!"

278-10

This Aspen a treeMendouse season. It's given me a chance to spruce up my songs list. Wooden it be lovely if Stevie Wondered had a tree song?

Last edited:
Top Bottom