Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    Is a worm on a branch a woodworm?

​Good question, Keith!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

A real oldie and quickie

Not an official entry but I thought I'd share the reason why I play uke rather than guitar nowadays...

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Not an official entry but I thought I'd share the reason why I play uke rather than guitar nowadays...

This is interesting, Ryan! The reason that I play the uke rather than the guitar is that my little, diddy fingers have trouble stretching across the neck of a guitar. Well, I know I can't play the uke either ... but it doesn't sound quite so bad! That was some song you were playing there! (Younger son and his friends used to have a band, and since we had the most space and lived in the middle of a field, we were the ones who usually had to put up with practice sessions ... and also spend most of the weekend ferrying him and his mates around. Ah, lost youth ....!!!)
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Default 278-9

You my be sycamore songs and puns but I'm not stumped yet.

Last edited by Jazzbanjorex; 06-16-2017 at 08:36 AM.

I don't think I can stake any more of this! You won't make yourself very poplar with all these tree puns Rex, I've a good mind to cedar moderators about you!

Now, now Boys! Rex, how could we possibly be sycamore songs from you (er, not sure about the tree puns, though) ... and have you changed Seasons??? And, John, if you cedar moderators we might none of us be very poplar, least of all me!Smiling-Face-Funny-Tree-Picture.jpg

Here's one from George Formby, from around 1938. I'm glad that you raised the "Tree Song Limit!"

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Default 278-10

This Aspen a treeMendouse season. It's given me a chance to spruce up my songs list. Wooden it be lovely if Stevie Wondered had a tree song?

Last edited by Jazzbanjorex; 06-16-2017 at 08:35 AM.

​rex!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information