Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

STOP PRESS!!! Owing to the TREEmendous response from some of our Entrants, I have decided to abandon the ten song limit! (If you have more tree songs in you, then please don't LEAF yet!)law-order-environmentalist-tree_hugger-tree_hugger-tree_hugging-restraining_order-llan1407_low.jpg
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    STOP PRESS!!! Owing to the TREEmendous response from some of our Entrants, I have decided to abandon the ten song limit! (If you have more tree songs in you, then please don't LEAF yet!)
    What are ENTrants? Wild gone trees from the Lord of the Rings? May be somebody should tie a yellow ribbon round the wild gone tree!

Quote Originally Posted by elmann View Post
    What are ENTrants? Wild gone trees from the Lord of the Rings? May be somebody should tie a yellow ribbon round the wild gone tree!
    ​Good point, Elmann!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Copper Kettle

... and yes, my grandpa (born 1885) made whiskey... and beer, which was considered a normal family beverage for meal-time. ... and he made his own fiddle.

Mainland Red Cedar Concert, Mango Tenor
    Boulder Creek RipTides: UB-2N spruce-top baritone, UT-5NS tenor, UT-11NS acacia-top tenor, UC-5NS concert

And time to LOG off for tonight! Thanks so much again to today's conTREEbutors, who were Elmann, Alan, Trent, Lynda (BEV), Linda (L), Rex, Rusty, Ryan, Dave (the Silly One), Robin, Stan, Randy and Dick!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TEN SONG LIMIT HAS BEEN LIFTED, SO PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING IN!

4df0f5d48febf64b6683fac9c4107329.jpg

AND TONIGHT'S TREE JOKE:

This little skinny guy applies for a job as a lumberjack. "Sorry", says the head lumberjack, eyeing the man up and down, "You're just too small!"
    "Give me a chance to show you what I can do", the guy pleads, "You won't regret it!"
    "Okay", says the boss. "See that giant oak over there? Let's see if you can chop it down."
    Half an hour later, the mighty oak is felled, amazing the boss.
    "Where'd you learn to cut trees like that?" he asks.
    "The Sahara Forest"
    "You mean the Sahara Desert"
    "Sure, if that's what they call it now!"

Men-Pin-Up-Poses-1.jpg

Google translate????
    yes, i realise i may have to engage my own brain and do my own work here, if the universe doesn't magically drop a perfecto translation right in my lap!

HOLD THAT THOUGHT, i engaged my brain already! (not to any great effect, but i engaged it!)

STOP PRESS!!! I have decided to abandon the ten song limit!
    this is very kind of you, val, especially given you have twice the usual hosting duties, wrangling all the tree jokes!

AND TONIGHT'S TREE JOKE:

This little skinny guy applies for a job as a lumberjack. "Sorry", says the head lumberjack, eyeing the man up and down, "You're just too small!"
    "Give me a chance to show you what I can do", the guy pleads, "You won't regret it!"
    "Okay", says the boss. "See that giant oak over there? Let's see if you can chop it down."
    Half an hour later, the mighty oak is felled, amazing the boss.
    "Where'd you learn to cut trees like that?" he asks.
    "The Sahara Forest"
    "You mean the Sahara Desert"
    "Sure, if that's what they call it now!"

Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 06-16-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: i came up with some lyrics

This is a song by Grant Hart, formerly of Hüsker Dü.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Default 278-11

Here is the song Johnny B Goode performed on a ukulele on a railroad bridge with a dancing bear.

ok, this is VERY free (by which i mean totally inaccurate ) interpretation of "Villejä lupiineja" by J. Karjalainen

Thread Information