Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

my last little entry

cheers all!
    just trying to have fun and be silly!

Finn goes into a shop to buy a new saw for cutting down trees
    He specifies that he needs it to cut 8 cords of wood a day.
    The salesman sells him a top of the range chainsaw.
    Week latter the Finn returns and says to the salesman
    I could only cut 6 cords with that saw, and the salesman says you
    could not have been using it right. He pulls the ripcord and the
    chainsaw roars into action... startled the Finn jumps back and yells out
    What the hell is that noise?
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Ah, now I read that joke somewhere this week and it featured a dumb blonde! (I am sure there is absolutely no similarity between a Finn and a dumb blonde!) Thanks very much for this, Rob!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

And now it's almost time for me to leaf the building, so that we can enjoy Robin's fine new Season! A very big thank you to all today's contreebutors, who were; Myrna, Rex, Geoff, Doug, Kurt, Randy, Alan and Dave (the Silly One).

I'll be back to close this Season tomorrow ... so, if there are any last minute entries, please bring them on.

Meanwhile, I leave you with this thought:

punsr-meme-original-ADULTERY--789664108-1399273672327.jpg
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Apologies for not being around much this week, but as a sort of late entry, one of my songs in 279 (Death) also has a tree in it.
    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    And now it's almost time for me to leaf the building, so that we can enjoy Robin's fine new Season! A very big thank you to all today's contreebutors, who were; Myrna, Rex, Geoff, Doug, Kurt, Randy, Alan and Dave (the Silly One).

I'll be back to close this Season tomorrow ... so, if there are any last minute entries, please bring them on.

Meanwhile, I leave you with this thought:

punsr-meme-original-ADULTERY--789664108-1399273672327.jpg
    LOL! I bet your Ash is tried after hosting this busy week Val!

Default 278-18

One last log on the fire. It's sad to leaf this season but we must not get gummed up here and branch into the next season.

When I was 17- and 18-year-old Idahoan, my favorite band was the Treepeople. They started out in Boise then moved NW to Seattle. I haven't heard their theme song in over ten years (my copy of their first cassette got eaten). But that didn't stop me from learning a ukulele version for this Season. Vive les bois!

Merci, Val!

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Apologies for not being around much this week, but as a sort of late entry, one of my songs in 279 (Death) also has a tree in it.
    Thanks so much for this, Steve! Since Robin has given his permission, I'll add this song, which I love, to 278.

SEASON 278 Well, I think my Season is just about officially over! A VERY big thanks to all the contreebutors! (If anyone has a song left in them, I'll leave the Playlist open. Am I allowed to do that???)
    I hope to bring the wrap by the end of the week. Till then .....

may the forest be with you.jpg

Thread Information