Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

Finn goes into a shop to buy a new saw for cutting down trees
He specifies that he needs it to cut 8 cords of wood a day.
The salesman sells him a top of the range chainsaw.
Week latter the Finn returns and says to the salesman
I could only cut 6 cords with that saw, and the salesman says you
could not have been using it right. He pulls the ripcord and the
chainsaw roars into action... startled the Finn jumps back and yells out
What the hell is that noise?

And now it's almost time for me to leaf the building, so that we can enjoy Robin's fine new Season! A very big thank you to all today's contreebutors, who were; Myrna, Rex, Geoff, Doug, Kurt, Randy, Alan and Dave (the Silly One).

I'll be back to close this Season tomorrow ... so, if there are any last minute entries, please bring them on.

Meanwhile, I leave you with this thought:

punsr-meme-original-ADULTERY--789664108-1399273672327.jpg

Apologies for not being around much this week, but as a sort of late entry, one of my songs in 279 (Death) also has a tree in it.

And now it's almost time for me to leaf the building, so that we can enjoy Robin's fine new Season! A very big thank you to all today's contreebutors, who were; Myrna, Rex, Geoff, Doug, Kurt, Randy, Alan and Dave (the Silly One).

I'll be back to close this Season tomorrow ... so, if there are any last minute entries, please bring them on.

Meanwhile, I leave you with this thought:

View attachment 100990

LOL! I bet your Ash is tried after hosting this busy week Val!

278-18

One last log on the fire. It's sad to leaf this season but we must not get gummed up here and branch into the next season.

When I was 17- and 18-year-old Idahoan, my favorite band was the Treepeople. They started out in Boise then moved NW to Seattle. I haven't heard their theme song in over ten years (my copy of their first cassette got eaten). But that didn't stop me from learning a ukulele version for this Season. Vive les bois!

Merci, Val!

SEASON 278 Well, I think my Season is just about officially over! A VERY big thanks to all the contreebutors! (If anyone has a song left in them, I'll leave the Playlist open. Am I allowed to do that???)
I hope to bring the wrap by the end of the week. Till then .....

may the forest be with you.jpg

Val, you have been a charming and fun host. I have loved reading all the clever people we have here in the seasons and the fantastic music brought by all. Thank you so much for all you gave us this week. You have been a host to emulate!

You have been a true giving tree :D

Aww shucks I ran out of time! I was getting really ambitious (for me) for my song - A Forest by The Cure.
I had my guitar flanger pedal and a drum machine and I was getting it sounding pretty good!
I will post it on the Island when it is ready...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments ... it's been great fun! And Linda, in so far as hosting is concerned, I think I took my lead from you and your campfire season; that must have been the last time we all got lost in the forest!

And here is the wrap for Season 278! For those of you who can't be bothered to watch the vid., I'll put all relevant details up on here later ... it's the middle of the night here now. Meanwhile, if you DO watch the vid. and find out that you are a prize winner, please could you PM me your address details. Many thanks!

Top Bottom