Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

Enough of these sappy puns, time to nip it in the bud. If you don't branch out I'm gonna beat you to a pulp! :D

Nevermind. I'll just stick to the season, log on to the forum, and lumber along.

OMG I have logged on tonight to find this fantastic theme and that I have missed all this stuff today. I am laughing out loud at how completely clever you all are! Now wood you all stop so I can axe my question!.......Nevermind..............I just wanted to get in on the act.

Im leafing now..............

Val, I saw all these acorny puns these peephole are making. I don't mean to beech - nobody axed my o-pine-ion - but adze forest I can see, the timber of this hole seedy thread is boardering on knot oakay.

I think yew autumn make these nuts berry the hatchet and cut it out. Then maple we can awl get back to the beeswax of the Seasons: planking on our yewkuleles on YewTube and having fungus lichen we always dew, and adze you plant forest to dew.

That is exceedingly clever, Wendy! These peephole are a pain in the bud! Anyway, I shall now be an absent-TREE for a while as I have to go to the Market (through a forest, of course!) If I find there has been any "silliness" in my absence, there will be reTREEbutions! Oh, dear!

Oak-kay folks, enough of the arboreal puns, I beechseech you. We shouldn't lumber Val with this kind of stuff, you should all be ash-amed of yourselves.

(Phew, bit late to the puntastic party, but I think even those must be worth a lovely runny French cheese in the post, or my names not One Man And His Deciduous Uke....)

Lovely intro video Val, you live in a beautiful part of the world. And you think there are no songs about lupins do you? You'll see....;)

Oak-kay folks, enough of the arboreal puns, I beechseech you. We shouldn't lumber Val with this kind of stuff, you should all be ash-amed of yourselves.

(Phew, bit late to the puntastic party, but I think even those must be worth a lovely runny French cheese in the post, or my names not One Man And His Deciduous Uke....)

At least I thought so until I saw Wendy's puns....now it's obvious....I'm knot worthy :bowdown:

Just wondering if there are any Tokien nerds on here... I don't think I'll manage Treebeard's song this week... I'll try, but it will come after a couple of others...

Just wondering if there are any Tokien nerds on here... I don't think I'll manage Treebeard's song this week... I'll try, but it will come after a couple of others...

Well, I'm not a Tolkien nerd but I'm sure there must be plenty out there. I shall welcome anything you can bring, Robin ... and, what is the matter, aren't you feeling well? You must be about the only person who hasn't produced a horrible pun!

At least I thought so until I saw Wendy's puns....now it's obvious....I'm knot worthy :bowdown:

Yes, thank you, John! (Actually, I think you were rather clever; but there seems to be some misunderstanding; I am not awarding runny cheeses to people who can come up with the most cringeworthy puns ... we are supposed to be playing the ukulele here! Mind you, if you can come up with a song about lupins, well, that might be a different matter!)

Right now! I might be entirely wrong (I am notoriously hazy about timing), but I have a feeling this might be the moment to kick off. I was really pleased to find this song, which is completely unlike anything I would expect from the Beach Boys. You don't want to have the volume turned up too loud when you listen to this (or, should I say, IF you want to listen to this); something went wrong with my mic, and try as I might, I couldn't get the sound to balance out properly. I WAS intending to re-record it, but my time was taken up fending off horrible puns!

Here's one that features an oak tree. Which is what I can see if I turn to my right. If I had thought, I could have put a ribbon on it, and panned the camera around at the end. But I didn't.

Top Bottom