Season of the ukulele 278: "YOU CAN'T SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES"

POSTING ALERT!

Okay ... I am going to bite the bullet and increase the number of vids. allowed (I CAN DO THIS!); otherwise, there are some people who will have finished contributing by the end of this afternoon. Not only that, but I am intrigued to know just how many songs you can find about trees and etc. (but those of you who like to submit numerous songs (and you know who you are), please could you limit yourselves to a maximum of 10 vids!) Many thanks! Have fun!

Last edited:
Well, I'm not a Tolkien nerd but I'm sure there must be plenty out there. I shall welcome anything you can bring, Robin ... and, what is the matter, aren't you feeling well? You must be about the only person who hasn't produced a horrible pun!

I WOOD, but I just can't think of any...

Here's the first one that came to mind. By KT Tunstall. I've been a bit creative with the lyrics in places I think but you get the gist.

You want SycAMORE? Well... um.... I'm out.... Time FOR a REST, I think...

If the planets align I'll be playing a Cure song for the first time ever this week too so I'm very excited.

Oh, NICE, Robin! (Just had a thought ... there must be some really lovely songs in Japanese about cherry trees. If, that is, you're not too exhausted from all that punning!)

Last edited:
otherwise, there are some people who will have finished contributing by the end of this afternoon.
lol!!!!!!!!

P.S. wot, only ten? ;)

a hugely inaccurate uke interpretation of the instrumental track "the woodpecker", from hawkwind's brill new album "into the woods"

i just got this album, and i rather fancied the idea of trying to do ALL the songs from it - except this one, because it's an instrumental, and i'm rubbish at instrumentals! but this super season and theme made we wanna try it, despite all of that! thank you val! :rock:

I considered learning this song years ago when I was playing bass, but never did. Finally got a chance to try it now. Could have gotten a better take than this, but kept this one. Wasn't totally comfortable with it yet.

I Can See the Pines are Dancing by AA Bondy

This is from Bondy's album "When the Devil's Loose", which is a thought I have every morning when I check the news and Twitter.

I had hoped to do some Pun Rock, but couldn't find any.

I dithered about whether or not to post this as it's a bit ropy, but decided to go for it in the spirit of the Seasonistas. Thanks for the challenge LLil.

Matthews Southern Comfort did the best version of this. At least the best version for a weekend uker to attempt! Great season so far, Val!

Top Bottom