Repair forum?

Henning

Reaction score
Hello, how about making a repair forum?
A place where posts about how to repair your ukulele can be posted and answered.
As it is today the Luthiers forum isn´t very suitable for this kind of questions, though it partially covers the subject and very many of the guys posting there knows the answers.
The ´Uke Tech Support´, usually covers more simple aspects of the ukulele.

Example how do you cleat, how close, how big when crack repairs are to be made?
Glue?
Tools?
How to treat a vintage ukulele when repairing it, dos and "donts".
How do you reset the neck and when is it necessary?

Now you have to go to youtube to eventually find out those answers, if so ever.
I am certain there are lots of questions that would be most suited to post in such a forum. It seems like that from what I´ve seen yet, thanks.

Regards

Last edited:
I have a need for this! Brand new member here and just bought a (sight unseen) kamaka hf-1 with two cracks down the back from drying out :( was thinking I could repair this myself, but don't want to do more damage, or lose value.

No need to necro or stress. Ask questions here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Uke-Tech-Support

The experts there will tell you if the ukulele is valuable or if you are worried about your skill to pull off a repair rather than to add further damage the instrument or hinder future repair then pay to have the repairs done professionally.

Ask who to send it to in the uke tech support forum, dont just go to the local guitar center.

No need to necro or stress. Ask questions here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Uke-Tech-Support

The experts there will tell you if the ukulele is valuable or if you are worried about your skill to pull off a repair rather than to add further damage the instrument or hinder future repair then pay to have the repairs done professionally.

Ask who to send it to in the uke tech support forum, dont just go to the local guitar center.

I agree. I would have thought the Tech Support forum covered the issues mentioned by the OP.

Top Bottom