Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going?

Default Who is going?

My wife and I will be on Oahu visiting her brother next month. We are usually there in July and go to Roy Sakuma's Festival.
    Two of my wife's cousins are students of Roy's and play every year.
    Anyone else planning to be there? It would be nice to put some faces to the names here. I met MM Stan a few years ago and usually get together for dinner while there.

Hey Peanuts -

I am planning on going this year, and I think we met a couple of years ago. I was going to ask for a roll call too, but I was going to put the Oahu Uke Fest in the thread title <g>.

- Rick G.

Greenie, we did meet a few years ago. I have a picture of you, Stan and me somewhere. I think we were in front of the Kanilea booth. I'll find you.
    Aloha,
    Brian

If we had money, we'd go. I'd have to take a cruise liner, can't fly.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

at least 3 of us from STRUM (Seattle's Totally-Relaxed Ukulele Musicians) are planning on being there for the Festival
    and the Fri night Gala. One of our number will also be participating with a group from Australia, and we are all planning
    on playing with Roy's Strummers if we can find out the right color Tshirt to buy
    we're planning on being behind the HMS vendor tent, hopefully, Andrew will have a kanikapila tent set up for us. if not,
    no worries, the weather should be A-OK keep your fingers crossed.

keep uke'in', and...

anyone else coming to the Festival, Sun July 16?
    Uncle Rod Higuchi
    ( rohiguchi@gmail.com )

MP3s: http://www.mediafire.com/?50db7nls4o6m6
    Ukulele Boot Camp, FREE Songbook, Holiday Songbook & More: http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com

Hey Peanuts56, I was there. Did we meet? I'm the big and girthy, freakishly-tall-for-being-Japanese guy hanging around the Ukulele Site tent most of the day.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

I don't think I saw you. I was there a few times for a few minutes. Went looking for my buddy Stan. Are you going to the zoo on Wednesday for Willie K? I'm pretty sure Greenie is going.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts56 View Post
    I don't think I saw you. I was there a few times for a few minutes. Went looking for my buddy Stan. Are you going to the zoo on Wednesday for Willie K? I'm pretty sure Greenie is going.
    I'm flying back home tomorrow (Tues) so I'll miss Willie K at the zoo. Tell greenie to save some udon for the rest of us!
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Didn't the festival happen last Sunday? The Waikiki Ukulele Festival? Is the Roy Sakuma Festival different?

They're the same. Great day. I'm pretty sure Roy has posted some videos on Facebook by now.

Thread Information