Old new guy giving it a try

docupat

Reaction score
Hello UU.

I am hear to look, listen and learn. Picked this up 'cause I wanted to play music with my musical kids and wife. I stink but they indulge me and keep me working at it.

PL

Welcome. That's the way to learn, just keep doing it, you'll find that the more you work at it, the better you'll get.

Welcome aboard. :)

I started about 18 months ago, after retiring, & it took about 6 months to get to a reasonable level, I was playing melodies, just practicing for a few minutes a day got me there. ;)

Hi DocuPat - welcome and hola from sunny Arizona! Just give it time

You can teach old dogs. I'm 70 and I learn new stuff every week. Some of it I remember.

You can teach old dogs. I'm 70 and I learn new stuff every week. Some of it I remember.

Yeah, I'm 80 and in the last three or four years I've stumbled along with ukes, banjos and now a mandolin. It's rough goin' because of my in and out memory, but it's better'n starrin' at the wall.

Hang in there . . . :eek:ld:

Welcome docupat! I started playing when I retired and it has been a consuming passion. Even when I completely stunk, I still got great joy from strumming and singing. Several years in now, I hope I don't stink so much, but even if I did, making music is an incredible joy.

Welcome! I picked up the uke at the young age of 55 and am having a ball.

Good to meet you! I think I was 58 or 59 when
I got my first ukulele, a cheap painted 'Mahalo'
just to see if I liked it. I did. I now have seven
'good' ukuleles (two luthier made,the rest good
but not 'top quality') You will love your journey
of discovery!

Top Bottom