Build Thread: Custom Blackbird Farallon

Wow, that is nice. I like the Blackbird sound and with that sunburst finish, it is starting up my UAS. Looking forward to seeing and hearing the final product.

Sunburst really turned out fantastic Eddie- very unique. Fret markers are special too- I had to do a double take on which frets they were on. Never even one on the first fret, then on 9 instead of 10. Looking forward to the NUD.

Its beautiful. Well done!

Are the side markers on the same frets? Have a uke with a side fret marker on 9 instead of 10 can throw you off, or at least that has for me.

That is stunning Eddie! I have a feeling some of your design ideas will be seen on future Blackbird offerings. Looks like it shouldn't be too long before you have her in hand!

Thanks, everyone.

Hodge, yes, side markers "sync" with front markers. That would drive me nuts, too.

Regarding 9th vs. 10th mark, I think guitars are more commonly marked at 9th and since Blackbird started with guitars maybe that's what they usually do. I can't recall where my Clara was marked.

Wow -- beautiful. I recently got my Farallon back from Blackbird after they added the side sound port, which really amps up the sound it generates. The port also improves the tones I hear -- more sustain and overtones. Congrats!

That does indeed look stunning. By comparison my stock Farallon almost looks plain! The eKoa Joe uses already looks quite a bit like wood, and with that treatment no one would ever guess it is a composite instrument. Interesting that you have the fret marker at the 9th (guitar style) instead of the 10th fret (uke style). I think I would prefer that to mine (at the 10th) but it sure would get confusing if you have ukes that are marked differently.

WOW Eddie!

While I am late to this thread, I am not disappointed in the least!

You are quite a trend-setter here, as I am sure more orders will follow that are based upon your customizations, which look totally drool-worthy to me. Good choice on the grain and the sunburst, and the fret markers sort of harken back to a classic Les Paul, especially in conjunction with the sunburst...

I can't wait to HEAR it! :music:

Eddie, that looks gorgeous, so many great ideas were incorporated in this build. Will the faceplate remain in Ekoa color?

Wow awesome, I hope some of these unique features become standard options. Looking forward to the next picture update!

Well, the highly personalized Farallon is done at last and went into the Fed Ex box today. If all goes well, I'll have it Friday and post a further update next week after a few days of testing it out.

Man that is a stunning look Eddie. I am a little surprised you didn't put gold dots on the bridge pins to match the inlay :)

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing sound sample. . .

Man that is a stunning look Eddie. I am a little surprised you didn't put gold dots on the bridge pins to match the inlay :)

They only had black pins. I was thinking of looking for some with shell dots to match the fretmarkers. ;-)

Way to put an idea in his head Kevin.........I fully expect gold dots in the next pictures:rolleyes:

Looks stunning Eddie, it really came together well

Eddie - that is just sick!

(in a good way)

I mean, once I can pick my jaw up off the floor, I'll have to see about mopping up all the drool...:drool:

I am eagerly anticipating your hands-on report. :)

YOWZA! YYYOOOWWWZZZAAA!! YYYYOOOOOOWWWWZZZZAAAA!!!:drool:

Eddie - that is just sick!

(in a good way)

I mean, once I can pick my jaw up off the floor, I'll have to see about mopping up all the drool... :drool:

Exactly what bruddah Booli said!!!:agree:

oh my goodness! that is stunningly beautiful! I love the color, gloss, and celtic knot sound hole. Soon you will have it in your hands!

Eddie, wow and more wow. I like what I see! Talk about making a statement. In your case, a grand entrance! You made mine looks dull and conservative.
A beautiful uke without maintenance ! How cool is that?
Looking forward to sound sample !

Last edited:
Top Bottom