Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Thread: Custom Blackbird Farallon

Sunburst really turned out fantastic Eddie- very unique. Fret markers are special too- I had to do a double take on which frets they were on. Never even one on the first fret, then on 9 instead of 10. Looking forward to the NUD.

Wow, that is nice. I like the Blackbird sound and with that sunburst finish, it is starting up my UAS. Looking forward to seeing and hearing the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by keod View Post
    Sunburst really turned out fantastic Eddie- very unique. Fret markers are special too- I had to do a double take on which frets they were on. Never even one on the first fret, then on 9 instead of 10. Looking forward to the NUD.
    Its beautiful. Well done!

Are the side markers on the same frets? Have a uke with a side fret marker on 9 instead of 10 can throw you off, or at least that has for me.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

That is stunning Eddie! I have a feeling some of your design ideas will be seen on future Blackbird offerings. Looks like it shouldn't be too long before you have her in hand!

Thanks, everyone.

Hodge, yes, side markers "sync" with front markers. That would drive me nuts, too.

Regarding 9th vs. 10th mark, I think guitars are more commonly marked at 9th and since Blackbird started with guitars maybe that's what they usually do. I can't recall where my Clara was marked.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Wow -- beautiful. I recently got my Farallon back from Blackbird after they added the side sound port, which really amps up the sound it generates. The port also improves the tones I hear -- more sustain and overtones. Congrats!

That does indeed look stunning. By comparison my stock Farallon almost looks plain! The eKoa Joe uses already looks quite a bit like wood, and with that treatment no one would ever guess it is a composite instrument. Interesting that you have the fret marker at the 9th (guitar style) instead of the 10th fret (uke style). I think I would prefer that to mine (at the 10th) but it sure would get confusing if you have ukes that are marked differently.

WOW Eddie!

While I am late to this thread, I am not disappointed in the least!

You are quite a trend-setter here, as I am sure more orders will follow that are based upon your customizations, which look totally drool-worthy to me. Good choice on the grain and the sunburst, and the fret markers sort of harken back to a classic Les Paul, especially in conjunction with the sunburst...

I can't wait to HEAR it!

EDDIE!!!!

A feast for the eyes.

Congrats.
    How bad is your UAS?

Eddie, that looks gorgeous, so many great ideas were incorporated in this build. Will the faceplate remain in Ekoa color?

Thread Information