First wound string change

andy2353

Reaction score
I'm trying low G on my tenor for the first time. Went with the Fremont soloist. I have never put on a wound string before - is the installation the same? I was surprised that after one wrap around the peg it was already in tune. I am worried that it is not secure. Thanks ahead for your input.

I'm trying low G on my tenor for the first time. Went with the Fremont soloist. I have never put on a wound string before - is the installation the same? I was surprised that after one wrap around the peg it was already in tune. I am worried that it is not secure. Thanks ahead for your input.

As you have found out you need to leave more slack with a wound string before tightening it up. If you haven't cut it you can back some length out and rewind it. But if it is holding after a day or two you're fine to leave it as it is now.

Campbell your video of Butterfly Waltz was what inspired me to try low G, thank you.

Hi Andy, thanks mate, I hope you enjoy Low G tuning, it works beautifully on the mighty uke.

Here's a neater way to tie off at the bridge, point the string ends away from the player and tuck them into the string alongside.

Attachments

• DSCN1478.jpg
    DSCN1478.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom