New Jersey Uke Fest: August 25-27, 2017

FiL

Reaction score

I'm happy to announce that the fifth annual New Jersey Uke Fest will be taking place the weekend of Aug. 25-27 with some amazing acts: Kimo Hussey, Danielle Ate the Sandwich, Rachel Manke, The Lords of Liechtenstein, and The Curt Sheller Jazz Trio. Of course we'll also have workshops, jams, vendors, an open mic contest, door prizes, and a silent auction.

Early-bird Festival Tickets are available now!

We will also be having a special in-depth pre-festival exclusive workshop on Hawaiian Music presented by Kimo Hussey. Hawaiian Music Workshop Tickets available here.

How to see some of you again this year!

- FiL

Aloha,

I'm surprised nobody has replied to this thread yet. Up until recently I was not able to attend, however...

I've been blessed with the opportunity to attend on Saturday and I will be bringing along the 12 yr old son of my best friend, who's been playing for a bit (but I did not know until recently) so for me the day will be about making sure that he has a good time. :)

Any UU folks going, please chime in here or PM me so we can at least get some photos together to remember the day by...

Mahalo,

Booli

Well you know I'll be there, Booli! :)

Hope to meet some of you there!

- FiL

Well you know I'll be there, Booli! :)

Hope to meet some of you there!

- FiL

Yes, Looking forward to seeing you again/

I wanted to know about the workshops in the new venue, since the last time I attended it was at the Unitarian Church in Morristown--and have not been to the Ukrainian Center before...

Do I need to bring a music stand or a clip (to attach to the back of the chair in front of me) to hold the music sheets, or are the workshops held in rooms that have a table in front of each row of chairs, such that we can just lay the music sheets down?

I am trying to minimize the gear needed to bring with me.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-Booli

Most of the workshops are in rooms without tables, so a stand or clips would be useful to bring.

- FiL

Most of the workshops are in rooms without tables, so a stand or clips would be useful to bring.

- FiL

Thanks FiL! Now I can be properly prepared, and will be bringing my music stand, so no worries. :)

FYI: I just learned that Rachel Manke will not be attending/performing due to illness.

Checking the Uke Fest web site, it seems her name is off of everything and alternate workshops and concert performers are already in place, so it looks like this will not effect the flow of the events, other than millions of souls crying out in pain from her absence (LOL - Star Wars)

Just a quick note...

We had a great time.

Kudos to FiL Wisneski for his work and enthusiasm to make this happen and keeping it running smoothly. :)

For both those that could not attend, as well as those folks who were there, I have some photos and videos that I plan to share and will do so, once I can edit all of the clips together in a cohesive way.

The photos and video will also be accompanied by an overview and will include the highlights of the event.

so more will be COMING SOON! :music:

Great to see you again, Booli! Looking forward to your multimedia recap!

- FiL

Top Bottom